Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Aching arms and legs  (Read 3163 times)

joziel

Re: Aching arms and legs
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 03:52:08 PM »

Sounds good Crow Lady. If 200mg of utrogestan continuously doesn't help, you can add in the mini pill (desogestrel) as well. This is totally legit because lots of peri women need contraception and they are often on desogestrel as well as HRT for that reason. So it is kosher. Usually desogestrel totally stops all bleeding. So if you really don't want the coil, that would be your next option.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2023, 07:41:05 AM »

Crow Lady - let us know how you get on.

Ermin2trude

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2023, 07:58:25 AM »

Hi Crow Lady,

It’s low progesterone in relation to the level of oestrogen which causes joint/muscle pain. Hopefully increasing your progesterone to 200mg continuously will solve your problem.

Crow Lady

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2023, 05:14:44 PM »

I upped the dose of utrogestan from 100 to 200 last night. I'm a bad sleeper and last night was pretty much the same as usual. But today I've been shattered all morning and I've slept all afternoon. Is that normal because obviously I can't  just sleep my days away! I feel like a zombie.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 05:37:37 PM by Crow Lady »

joziel

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2023, 07:45:41 PM »

I sure wish it had that effect on me  ;D  I'd give it a few weeks and see if you get used to it. But it can have that effect for some people. If it continues, you could drop back to 100mg utrogestan and add in the mini-pill (desogestrel).

Crow Lady

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2023, 08:43:30 PM »

I wouldn't have minded if I'd slept during the night. But I've been an exhausted zombie all day.
I sure wish it had that effect on me  ;D  I'd give it a few weeks and see if you get used to it. But it can have that effect for some people. If it continues, you could drop back to 100mg utrogestan and add in the mini-pill (desogestrel).

Crow Lady

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2023, 02:47:55 PM »

I only had one utrogestan last night. Didn't want to be a zombie again when I had to go out and do the shopping. I felt so out of it yesterday, is that normal? Or should I split the dose, 1 on a morning, 1 on a night ? I upped the estraderm patches from 75 to 100 yesterday and I feel sick and panicky today.

Ermin2trude

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2023, 03:22:58 PM »

Sick and panicky? As in anxiety? That’s too much oestrogen/too low progesterone. I think I would stick to the same thing for at least a week and probably longer. I know it’s easy to panic and expect everything to be perfect immediately (or the very next day at the least), but even antibiotics take a few days to work their magic. Same goes for HRT. It helped me to keep a symptom chart (diaries and journals require extra work, whereas a cross in a box against the relevant symptom on the relevant day takes seconds), which quickly and visually showed a pattern to my symptoms. I did this for 3 months to get a full picture and then my Doctor knew exactly what to change in my HRT. It  took about a week for my body to adjust to 200 mg utrogestan at night. For the first few days I had an afternoon nap, then I didn’t need one and after a week I had so much energy I was unstoppable. Plus, it’s really hot and humid at the moment which is so tiring.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2023, 03:33:56 PM »

It may be too much too soon ............ so the body reacts.

I sleep most afternoons and I'm not on HRT : I have no choice, I'm gone ! :-\

Crow Lady

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2023, 04:39:29 PM »

Do you mean stick to the 100s patches and 200 utrogestan?

Sick and panicky? As in anxiety? That’s too much oestrogen/too low progesterone. I think I would stick to the same thing for at least a week and probably longer. I know it’s easy to panic and expect everything to be perfect immediately (or the very next day at the least), but even antibiotics take a few days to work their magic. Same goes for HRT. It helped me to keep a symptom chart (diaries and journals require extra work, whereas a cross in a box against the relevant symptom on the relevant day takes seconds), which quickly and visually showed a pattern to my symptoms. I did this for 3 months to get a full picture and then my Doctor knew exactly what to change in my HRT. It  took about a week for my body to adjust to 200 mg utrogestan at night. For the first few days I had an afternoon nap, then I didn’t need one and after a week I had so much energy I was unstoppable. Plus, it’s really hot and humid at the moment which is so tiring.

joziel

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2023, 06:07:19 PM »

I wouldn't be changing both your progesterone and estrogen at the same time if you're trying to sort something out. I thought your problems were with bleeding? In which case, it's the progesterone you need to get right, not changing the estrogen.

Lowering your progesterone and increasing your estrogen is a surefire way to encourage even more breakthrough bleeding.

If you don't want to take 200mg of utrogestan, you need to go back to your GP and request something else. It will be either adding in the POP/desogestrel or the Mirena coil.

Crow Lady

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2023, 06:27:14 PM »

The doc (not my usual one ) knocked me down from 100s estraderm because they were causing bleeding. But my meno symptoms came back so a different doc decided to up the patches back to 100s, and up the utrogestan from 100 to 200.

I wouldn't be changing both your progesterone and estrogen at the same time if you're trying to sort something out. I thought your problems were with bleeding? In which case, it's the progesterone you need to get right, not changing the estrogen.

Lowering your progesterone and increasing your estrogen is a surefire way to encourage even more breakthrough bleeding.

If you don't want to take 200mg of utrogestan, you need to go back to your GP and request something else. It will be either adding in the POP/desogestrel or the Mirena coil.

Crow Lady

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2023, 09:27:50 AM »

Yesterday was horrendous. I felt really nauseous all day, heart was bouncing, had a panic attack. I took the 100 patch off last night. Felt so sick I didn't have any of my tablets at bedtime as I would have thrown them straight back up. I don't know what to do. I had the 100 patches before, they didn't make me ill like that. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2023, 09:30:17 AM »

I am so sorry you had such a bad night. Do you think it is possible the heat had an effect on you? Am I right in thinking you have gone from a 75 to 100 patch?

Crow Lady

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2023, 09:41:03 AM »

I went from 75s to 100s patches on Friday afternoon. I've had them before and didn't react like that, I remember I felt a bit grotty for a few days but nothing like I did yesterday. Not sure about the heat, I keep out of it as much as possible. I'll ring the doc tomorrow but I don't know what to do today. I don't really want to put a 100 patch on. I've got 75s left.

I am so sorry you had such a bad night. Do you think it is possible the heat had an effect on you? Am I right in thinking you have gone from a 75 to 100 patch?
Pages: 1 [2] 3