Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Struggling to find a chemist that can fulfill my prescription  (Read 1125 times)

Dizzy me

I’m in Nottingham and every item on my prescription is unavailable had a nightmare trying to actually get my Gp to even  to give me a prescription. This is due to the fact I’ve been paying privately up until now for HRT but I can no longer afford the consultation and then a private prescription. Gp knew I was on it and you can clearly see on the nhs app that it’s on my records . Every chemist I’ve visited either has one of the items none can obtain utrogestan although one does have it in stock all are saying they cannot even order it in.
 I spent over a year finding a regimen that agreed with me so I’m on Oestrogel, imvaggis and utrogestan. Clearly the supply issues are set to continue I’m lucky that I’ve still got enough while I try to source a chemist that can help. Unfortunately it’s all on one single prescription even though I told the GP I needed to be on separate ones so I could source it from different places. I truly do have a nightmare of a Gp practice hence why I went privately in the first place. If you got this far thank you

Flossieteacake

Re: Struggling to find a chemist that can fulfill my prescription
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 05:42:19 PM »

Oh no! What a nightmare for you. As Imvaggis and ultrogestan have had supply issues, do you think it could help to ask for something different? I understand that is very hard to do because you have found something that works for you and your GP practice does not seem helpful at all.

Have you ever thought about contacting the practice manager to tell them what is going on? I cannot understand why they refuse to give you separate prescriptions. All mine have been separate and I have to order them online by putting a tick next to the item.

Dizzy me

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 05:45:32 PM »

I’m reluctant to try anything else took me a lot of different hrt products to find the right combination

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 05:47:17 PM »

I’m reluctant to try anything else took me a lot of different hrt products to find the right combination

Then perhaps writing to the practice manager to get three separate prescriptions may be helpful. I can understand you not wanting to try something else. It can be hard to find HRT that suits.

Dizzy me

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 06:05:35 PM »

Long story but I doubt that the practice manager will assist do to another ongoing issue with this practice which is of a very serious issue for us as a family. I’m trying desperately to change practices

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 06:24:58 PM »

Long story but I doubt that the practice manager will assist do to another ongoing issue with this practice which is of a very serious issue for us as a family. I’m trying desperately to change practices

I really hope you can find another practice to join. Sorry you have to deal with this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 08:41:41 AM »

In the mean time I would contact your private practitioner to discuss. 

Some GPs do not like patients going private so that may be another reason why you have difficulties.