Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lining of womb 10mm  (Read 526 times)

patti

Lining of womb 10mm
« on: June 12, 2023, 03:23:57 PM »

Afternoon ladies,
Can anyone tell me if they have had problems with thickened womb lining ?
I had an ultrasound vaginal scan yesterday- womb lining was 10mm and GP has just rung to say they are fast tracking me to Gynaecological clinic - am quite worried now .

Have been on Oestrogel & Utrogestan x 12 days since 2017 and I’m now 62 - have tried continuous utrogestan but get break through bleeding so have always gone back to sequi regime.

Any thoughts ?????

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Lining of womb 10mm
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 04:14:24 PM »

Yes I’ve had that….had hysteroscopy and everything was fine.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 04:34:04 PM »

It would be better to fast track ladies to a dedicated menopause clinic  ::).  Let us know how you get on, it's usual to check if the womb is thickened. 

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 04:59:38 PM »

Patti you say you are on a cyclical regime meaning you have bleeds so my first thoughts are, where were you in the cycle when you had the scan?   Didn't they ask you about your HRT/bleed status before the scan?

If it was immediately post bleed then 10mm is high (it should be below 5mm) but if it was just before a bleed, 10mm would be about right - mine was always about 8mm pre bleed.

patti

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 07:31:26 PM »

Thanks for the replies ladies , much appreciated 😊

It was day 6 of my cycle so not long after my bleed. TBH, I’ve been pretty much left to get on with HRT
We moved house in 2020 so changed GP surgery, and then covid , then a hernia op last year and it’s only because the scar has been causing me discomfort with some bloating , so GP sent for me for scan …….the initial US scan was inconclusive, so the GP asked for an abdominal and pelvic scan which has detected the womb lining is thickened .

Fingers crossed xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 08:51:22 AM »

:thankyou:  Mary G.