Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: On utrogestan but night sweat back  (Read 984 times)

AndyC

• First Flush
On utrogestan but night sweat back
« on: August 30, 2023, 07:49:05 AM »

Hi, really grateful to hear if anyone gave up utrogestan and tried something else and how it went. I can't take it orally so I have moved to vaginally but I now have night sweats, i have varied my estrogel but that's not helped. I'd like to have a bit more info behind me before seeing my GP. Thanks all.

discogirl

Re: On utrogestan but night sweat back
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 08:00:54 AM »

Hi AndyC

I couldnt tolerate utro orally at night as it made me wired and when i took it vaginally in the mornings it caused feelings of dread it was horrific. so i asked my gp if i could go on cyclogest and he agreed. they are 200mg pessaries and i cut a bit off so i take about 170mg.

the only thing with cyclogest is some nhs gps may not prescribe it as its off licence for hrt. its used for fertility treatments. there is provera. provera is a synthetic form of progesterone.

there are other progesterones but hopefully some more experienced ladies will be along with some better suggestions x
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 08:03:27 AM by discogirl »

AndyC

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 03:50:40 PM »

Thanks Discogitl that's really helpful, I will look into it

Ermin2trude

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 07:59:52 AM »

Hi AndyC,

Do you wake up drenched in sweat, or do you have a night sweat as soon as you wake up?

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 09:32:28 AM »

If you are taking it vaginally you are potentially getting a much bigger dose. Why don't you see if just using it alternate nights helps? If you still have your uterus you would need to check that this still keeps your lining within safe limits -  but I think there are plenty of women that use it this way and Newson Health always used to recommend taking it alternative nights vaginally.