Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fluoxetine experiences  (Read 974 times)

Mollymoo

Fluoxetine experiences
« on: June 11, 2023, 09:11:44 AM »

Lately I have been "away with the fairies" best way to describe it!

I will be talking and then stop talking because I forgot what I was talking about
I have 2 pc's at work and never used to even think about how to do things, it just came naturally, now i can't concentrate at work and have to stop to think what I was doing and where I find the folders and apps etc.
It is really frustrating me and making me snappy because I can't cope with the demands now.

Is this a side affect of the fluoxetine.
I keep thinking have I got dementia.
Even my husband said I am away with the fairies

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fluoxetine experiences
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 09:44:33 AM »

Hormones.  We have a thread: doing stupid things : have a read through.

Sometimes ADs can cause a muggy head which should improve .  How long have you been taking fluoxetine and when?

As we age we get lots of stressors which may impact: children, elderly parents, worries about the cost of living etc.; occasionally I find myself wondering which switches to turn on the washing machine  ::)

I find making lists helpful.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 02:54:02 PM »

For me what you are describing was how I was when my estrogen dropped before starting hrt, could it be that? I would forget words, or why I'd gone upstairs, things like that. But I certainly couldn't concentrate at work either.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 03:08:58 PM »

Hi hunni
I take Fluoxetine too 1 x 20mg daily and I also found my concentration and brain fog was bad before I started HRT and then took Fluoxetine alongside which may have helped with the anxiety issues I was suffering. Are you on any HRT ? And Fluoxetine can take 6 weeks for full effects although should help somewhat after 3.

Mollymoo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 07:21:04 PM »

Hi hunni
I take Fluoxetine too 1 x 20mg daily and I also found my concentration and brain fog was bad before I started HRT and then took Fluoxetine alongside which may have helped with the anxiety issues I was suffering. Are you on any HRT ? And Fluoxetine can take 6 weeks for full effects although should help somewhat after 3.

Been on it a good 8 weeks. I stopped my hrt at the same time due to bleeding issues.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 08:06:29 AM »

Hi hunni
Sometimes its a case of trying a few Ads before you find one that helps you. I had this experience and tried atleast 2 others that didn't help me and then found Fluoxetine did help.
You should feel some difference if its been 8 weeks.
I think its worth speaking to your Gp as he may ask you to increase the dose.
Let me know how you get on. Its a shame you had bleeding issues on HRT as I found my brain fog and lack of concentration plus a whole heap of other meno symptoms only improved with HRT. Is there no other HRT you could try alongside Ads? xxx
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 08:09:07 AM by Losingtheplot »

jadenatalie123

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 09:51:04 AM »

I personally was on Fluox for 5 years for PND. but they made me emotionless, dead inside so to speak. i then had TERRIBLE withdrawals trying to get back off the things! took me months of horrible withdrawal effects to start feeling human again. always said id never touch AD's again. just bear that in mind for if you plan on coming off them in the future.

but yes, AD's have lots of weird side effects. x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 12:48:19 PM »

Ads are not for everyone but to be honest I have been on them since early 20s and they helped me function and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me finding ones that helped me to beable to not feel severly depressed. The side effects can be awful in the first few weeks and anytime I have weaned off them I have with the support of my GP and come off them gradually.
I do hope your symptoms improve and that you do find the right treatment to help you very soon