Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I'm on the HRTTTTT  (Read 2482 times)

Peary2

I'm on the HRTTTTT
« on: June 12, 2023, 07:58:06 PM »

Hello - at the age of 53 I've finally decided to give HRT a go and see if I can do anything about the mess I've spiralled down into. After a consultation with a nurse I've been prescribed Evorel Sequi. We chatted about Daisy Jones and the 6, insomnia and a stern warning about all different types of cancer. Off I skipped to collect my prescription. Then I arrived here......
So what's all this about bleeding? I thought I was done with all that malarky? Weight gain? Tiredness? They're the things I'm trying to solve!!!  Needless to say I'm now questioning my life choices but let's see how it all turns out.
I've been on HRT for the grand total of 9 hours and nothing too awful has happened....

Flossieteacake

Re: I'm on the HRTTTTT
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 08:02:15 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. How lovely to hear you had a nice nurse whom you could chat to. :)

You will learn such a lot from this forum. I too thought all this would be over in post meno but apparently this is not the case for many women.

Peary2

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 08:15:33 PM »

Thanks Flossie
I've just been chatting DH who misheard me when I said 'i stuck it on my a**e'. I'm looking forward to more madness, or madness of a different type... 
Thanks for the warm welcome  :)

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 06:19:08 AM »

Oh Peary...
There'll be a lot more of that form of madness believe me... But I can hear a great sense of humour in you already. That will be a huge bonus in both rollercoaster ride ahead. Welcome welcome welcome.
And I am so out of touch. Had to Google Daisy Jones!  Feel so old.....x

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 06:54:15 AM »

Hi Peary2….you say you thought you were done with bleeding….were you 12 months period free before starting hrt ?

Peary2

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 07:20:22 AM »

Hi Peary2….you say you thought you were done with bleeding….were you 12 months period free before starting hrt ?

Morning all... It's been about 4/5 months since I had any bleeding at all and the consultation didn't mention any side effects of the Hrt apart from cancer (possibly).. so being the typical internet mole I did the digging and whadayaknow... I've bunged some sanitary stuff back in my work bag. Although I believe it's more likely to happen in the 4th/5th week. Not looking forward to it...

Peary2

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 07:22:59 AM »

Oh Peary...
There'll be a lot more of that form of madness believe me... But I can hear a great sense of humour in you already. That will be a huge bonus in both rollercoaster ride ahead. Welcome welcome welcome.
   It's certainly another adventure. Ideally I'm intending on just fading into one of those 'all went smoothly , no side effects type....' . I've just hat the worst nights sleep in ages...22 hours of HRT  ;D

Peary2

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 07:24:29 AM »

Oh Peary...
  And Daisy Jones is fabulous, give it a try!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 08:41:07 AM »

Morning.  Stop worrying about the cancer scares but do ask at your next appt., where the references have been sourced from ;-).  HRT is much safer than being obese or if 1 smokes which a practitioner should warn about!!

Browse round.  You'll fit right in.   :welcomemm:  Do read the 'There's an old woman in my house" thread and the 'doing stupid things' topic ;-).  Or and the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads. 4 warned is 4 armed.

Peary2

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 07:35:35 PM »

Morning.  Stop worrying about the cancer scares but do ask at your next appt., where the references have been sourced from ;-).  HRT is much safer than being obese or if 1 smokes which a practitioner should warn about!!

Browse round.  You'll fit right in.   :welcomemm:  Do read the 'There's an old woman in my house" thread and the 'doing stupid things' topic ;-).  Or and the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads. 4 warned is 4 armed.
Thanks CLKD I'll definitely have a browse when I get a sec. I took the comments with a pinch of salt. Everything gives you cancer, I've had cancer ( Thyroid) It's gone now. I believe we need to make the most of the time we have. And being on HRT is gonna enable that :) Hope you are keeping cool in this beautiful weather and thanks so much for the warm welcome  :)