Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ichy vagina  (Read 1943 times)

Pmj 28

Ichy vagina
« on: June 09, 2023, 05:55:40 AM »

The last few weeks my vagina has been ichy and sore and getting worse, been using vagisil has not helped.
Is there anything else I could try
On hrt oestrogel 3 pumps and utrogestan 200mg 12 nights
Thank you x

SarahT

Re: Ichy vagina
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 06:32:21 AM »

I find YES moisturiser is soothing. Ovestin  use internally but actually stings if I use it on vulva area.
It may be worth a check with a nurse or g.p if it doesn't clear up. When I had my coil fitted the (wonderful) nurse realised how red and sore I was and prescribed a steroid cream which cleared things up.  I mind is thought this was ' normal ' until it went with treatment

Wish you well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 07:24:48 AM »

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry, including the vulva.

I use KY Jelly round the labia if necessary as well as 'ovestin' internally.  Have a lookC at the 'yes' and 'sylc' websites, some ladies require appropriate VA treatment as well as HRT.

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 09:35:30 AM »

Your symptoms are very typical of Vaginal Atrophy. If it's not an infection of some kind then I would definitely start to think of treatment for VA.
There are very informative posts in this link but I would also suggest you do research yourself on what can become a nasty condition if left.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,64837.0.html

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 10:04:33 AM »

I agree with Ayesha. Lots of us on here need both full HRT plus vaginal oestrogen

Taz x

Pmj 28

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 12:15:20 PM »

Rang doctors had a call back, he has given me vaginal estrogen cream , on repeat prescription.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 12:17:22 PM by Pmj 28 »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 12:30:18 PM »

:medal:   let us know how you get on.  It may be a night or several B4 you feel comfy and if it stings initially, don't push all the way into the vagina. 

VioletAquarius

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 06:12:53 PM »

Just a thought, but could it be thrush?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2023, 07:37:35 AM »

thrush symptoms 4 me were totally different

Minusminnie

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2023, 10:48:10 AM »

You could take a fluconazole 150mg tablet for thrush if you thought it might be that to rule that out before starting the vaginal oestrogen cream.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2023, 11:38:00 AM »

Why take medication for something that might be 'there'  :-\

Minusminnie

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2023, 12:20:39 PM »

I'm not for use of unnecessary medication but if you can't tell what is what down there it is one possible way of ruling one thing out. 
I take one now if i can't pull back from any extra soreness so i can get a grip on what i am dealing with.

Your symptoms are very typical of Vaginal Atrophy. If it's not an infection of some kind then I would definitely start to think of treatment for VA.

What if it is thrush as VioletAquarius has questioned.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2023, 12:30:52 PM »

Get a diagnosis from the Nurse Practitioner to confirm.  Many years ago I used 'canasten' 'in case', I was in a cool bath for hours after due to intense stinging/pain  :-\.  Never again.

Ayesha

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2023, 12:44:09 PM »

What if it is thrush as VioletAquarius has questioned.
[/quote]

That’s why I mentioned in my post about it being other infections, which I assume one would automatically assume thrush too, before thinking about using treatment for VA.
Pmj 28 seems very much on the ball when it comes to her symptoms and I am sure she knows what she is doing regarding what treatments she needs.

Like CLKD I used Canesten for years without realising that what I was actually going through was the beginning of Vaginal Atrophy.
I didn't believe the doctor when he said you don't have thrush, you don't smell, but I continued with the canesten for years until my condition became chronic. I really wouldn't want any other woman to go through what I went through if she doesn't have to.

Minusminnie

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2023, 01:04:54 PM »

Use of the Fluconazole tablet was suggested to me by a consultant who said that thrush is systemic anyway and just to take that if i suspected thrush.  No Canestan near the vagina.

My suggestion was just in response to VioletAquarius's question I'm sure Pmj 28 will make her own mind up.
Pages: [1] 2 3