Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ichy vagina  (Read 1939 times)

Penguin

Re: Ichy vagina
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2023, 01:29:42 PM »

Can't the GP do a swab? That's how my thrush was diagnosed. I didn't have itching at all, just extra white discharge. I thought the discharge was from high estrogen but it went after treatment.

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »

Although the first time I had thrush the itching was intense, drove me nuts. I guess it can present in different ways, hence why a diagnosis is good 🤷‍♂️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2023, 02:36:58 PM »

The itching 4 me was too high up for me to reach  :o and began 3 days after I stopped taking The Pill.  The Gynae Registrar with whom I worked said "I know it's daft but don't scratch!".  I was given pessaries which worked.  Many years later I had what I thought was thrush but it wasn't.

Reading in the paper today how many people are mis-diagnosing = using incorrect treatments for various 'ailments' because they have read GOOGLE etc..

Ayesha

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2023, 03:14:42 PM »

Many years ago I used 'canasten' 'in case', I was in a cool bath for hours after due to intense stinging/pain  :-\.  Never again.
I remember when I got to this stage, the canesten was no longer working and started to burn and sting like hell. That's when a male doctor told me to make an appointment with the female gynae at the surgery.

It can be a minefield down there with so many other conditions that can happen with the vagina and it's always best to rule things out. Sometimes though a GP just looking at the area can tell you straight away what's going on as mine did. But before all that I was given three courses of antibiotics for a bladder infection, it was during covid though when everything changed for the worse.  I remember the antibiotics gave me terrible muscle pain which was very miserable at the time and absolutely no need for that to happen.   

Pmj 28

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2023, 09:02:08 PM »

Hi ladies, when doctors rand me back he ask a lot of questions, and said it did not sound like thrush as I was not having white  discharge.
Did have this problem a couple of years ago, and was given the cream to take .
I am going to see a nurse in 4 weeks time to see how things are .

pepperminty

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2023, 05:54:35 AM »

Hi,

it could be VA . But if it does not improve try your local Sexula health clinic as they can test for Cytolitic Vaginosis, lactobacilli over grwoth, and bacterial vaginosis , all of which can cause itching. Yes VM daily can help some to rebalance the inside.  Have a look with a mrror.  Make sure you know what looks normal for you.  Use hydromol  fore washing and aviod soaps and bubble bath, all of which can upset the flora.  Sleep with no knickers and go knickerless when you can.  I hope this helps. Having an uncomfortable V is miserable!

PM x

Penguin

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2023, 07:16:40 AM »

Pepperminty that's what my mum and nan used to say, always skeep with no knickers so you can air your vagina i now say it to my daughter 🤣

Penguin

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2023, 07:19:20 AM »

CLKD it made me laugh when you said itching was high up and you were told not to scratch it, I can only imagine the position you'd have to contort yourself into to scratch an itch like that 😳. I had pessaries too and thank god they worked. I now keep an eye on what's normal for me, although sometimes hard to tell given I use the utrogestan vaginally.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2023, 08:20:50 AM »

I never look down there  :o although we 'are supposed to'  ::).  I know what feels normal for me.  I would go naked  24/7; however, it would mean shaving my legs  ;D sorry OT but couldn't resist.

Pmj 28

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2023, 03:59:06 PM »

Hi ladies, wondering if you could help again, as in my previous post had ichy sore vagina was given estriol cream and 1 150mg fluconazole, just finished my 2nd week of cream the doctor told me not to stop taking the cream.
But still sore so had a look and my vagina is pale looking no discharge
Going to see the nurse in 2 weeks
Could this be thrush
Pmj 28

Flossieteacake

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2023, 04:17:38 PM »

Hi ladies, wondering if you could help again, as in my previous post had ichy sore vagina was given estriol cream and 1 150mg fluconazole, just finished my 2nd week of cream the doctor told me not to stop taking the cream.
But still sore so had a look and my vagina is pale looking no discharge
Going to see the nurse in 2 weeks
Could this be thrush
Pmj 28

It can be hard to tell because some women do not get the usual thrush symptoms such as discharge. Is it possible to arrange for a swab test? This way you will know for certain.

Are you using any localised oestrogen?

Pmj 28

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2023, 04:29:54 PM »

Hi , I ues 3 pumps of oestrogel on inner thighs
Pmj28

Flossieteacake

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2023, 04:35:34 PM »

Hi , I ues 3 pumps of oestrogel on inner thighs
Pmj28

Localised oestrogen is a different type and it especially for vaginal atrophy. Vagifem and Ovestin are vaginal atrophy treatments and it sounds like you would really benefit from some. Are you aware of vaginal atrophy at all? I had no idea what it was before joining this forum.

Pmj 28

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2023, 04:47:43 PM »

No didn't know about vaginal atrophy,
I do have a cream I ues vaginal called
Estriol cream

Flossieteacake

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2023, 05:03:47 PM »

No didn't know about vaginal atrophy,
I do have a cream I ues vaginal called
Estriol cream

Oh I see. Vaginal atrophy is were the vagina and vulva lack oestrogen. This can cause various symptoms such as itching, dryness, feeling you have a UTI but urine samples come back negative, pain and physical changes.

You have estriol cream which is just what you need for this. I would use it every day. You can insert it and also apply it to the outer area. You may find it helpful to buy a vaginal moisturiser such as Yes. I buy mine from Amazon. You can use this throughout the day if you feel a bit dry and also to mix with the estriol cream.

I suspect your symptoms are actually vaginal atrophy and using the cream along with vaginal moisturiser is going to be very helpful. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. There is a lot of information about VA on here with many threads if you wish to browse them. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3