Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Too much oestrogen?  (Read 2182 times)

Clazzy123

• First Flush
Too much oestrogen?
« on: June 11, 2023, 12:22:21 PM »

What are the symptoms of too much oestrogen?

Flossieteacake

Re: Too much oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 12:28:30 PM »

Hello Clazzy and welcome to the forum. Strangely, the symptoms of high oestrogen can be similar to low oestrogen. I believe it is things like feeling jittery (although that can happen in meno anyway).

You may want to pop that into the search bar and have a browse of the threads that come up. :)

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 02:51:10 PM »

For me, feeling jittery,  acid reflux, extra white discharge and sore burny breasts (diffferent to the pre menstrual heavy breast feeling i get). I agree though, there is crossover with low estrogen symptoms so often it umis hard to tell. I know when my estrogen is rising though, as my finger joints stop hurting.

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 05:30:22 PM »

What are the symptoms of too much oestrogen?

For me when I went up to 4 pumps of gel, my breasts were big, sore and sort of hot (sorry if that sounds weird!); I also felt jittery and wired, when I dropped back down to 3 pumps within a week I felt better. However, I believe headaches and feeling nausea are also symptoms xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 07:33:23 PM »

Hello Clazzy123 and welcome to the forum.

When my Oestrogen was at its highest I had sore breasts that became more and more tender as time went on, they then felt swollen and taking off my bra at night was painful.

I had been prescribed three 1mg sachets of Sandrena gel which I think is the equivalent of six pumps of Oestrogel or 150mcg patch. I was also using a minimum of progesterone. Not long after I began spotting and bleeding and too much Oestrogen was identified as the reason.  When I lowered my Oestrogen my breasts returned to normal after a few weeks.
I have not used so much Oestrogen since and I have had no further issues with my breasts.

My emotional state was also variable but that has been a frequent symptom for me during the menopause. I seem to swing between feeling anxious and jittery then calm and composed no matter how much Oestrogen I am taking!

In summary  I would say that tender and swollen breasts are a very good indicator of too much Oestrogen.

I hope this helps you in some way and take care.

K.

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 03:45:50 PM »

Thanks all, your replies have helped me too!

xxx

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 04:10:40 PM »

Me too. I reduced my oestrogel dosage earlier this year when the dreaded jitters returned and that seemed to calm them down. I've now got incredibly large, swollen, tender breasts - the biggest they have ever been - and it really is uncomfortable and unpleasant. I have just started reducing my gel again to see if that has any effect. I am hoping it is too much oestrogen and not insufficient as I dont want to increase my dosage again and see the return of other symptoms. It's all a continual balancing act with HRT as our own levels change.