Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone else get this with Ovestin?  (Read 2157 times)

KaraShannon

Anyone else get this with Ovestin?
« on: June 07, 2023, 03:30:50 PM »

Hi all

I tried ovestin again yesterday, the tiniest amount.  I had a day off today so I thought I'd try in case there were side effects (I seem to get them from all forms of vaginal estradiol)

Today, tired.  Sleepy after lunch (I'm usually energetic after lunch) and my right eyelid is puffy and droopy, not enough to be anything worrisome, just as if I had been really sleepy.  It feels heavy and I remember last night an odd set of head pains across the forehead. 

I remember the puffy heavy eyelids before.  Not a major thing but the sleepiness is noticeable. 

I'll just keep trying tiny amounts every few days, I don't feel I can do more than that at this stage.  And generally I don't think my body likes oestrogen.  I always feel so much better on the combined estradiol / norehisterone patch when it comes around in the cycle.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone else get this with Ovestin?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 03:44:47 PM »

You may have enough oestrogen in your body: what makes you think that you have VA?

It may also B that your vaginal skin is so thin/sore that it reacts to the fillers/packaging rather than the active ingredient.

Yours eyes should not be affected.  What did U have for lunch and how is your diet overall?

Some afternoons I could sleep for England  ::)

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 03:53:51 PM »

HI CLKD, at certain times of the month I feel like I get (what is currently) mild prolapse symptoms in the bowel, more difficult bowel movement etc.  At other times of the month it disappears.  And I never had anything like it before.  I don't notice vaginal problems as such, though when I was regularly taking vagifem, I did see how everything seemed stronger down there.  But I don't notice anything major there and was wanting to take this treatment for prevention.

The alternative is to check testosterone levels.  I've got my blood tests from Thriva and when I get a minute I will read through them and do them.

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 03:57:33 PM »

No shouldn't affect my eye, but I've noticed puffy eyes before with vaginal estradiol, not every time but have noticed it and also much more sleepy with it. 

It was marked enough that if I needed to have a good night's sleep because I had to be somewhere the next day, I'd time my vagifem for that night.  Also I noticed I had to cut the dose down as it made me very sensitive to sound and a bit migrainey.  I know it's not supposed to get in the blood stream, but some of it must do, and it affects me differently to the patches.

Yes I may have too much oestrogen, it was high, I just didn't think a small amount in a cream would affect me this much.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 04:08:27 PM »

A prolapse is different to Vaginal Atrophy though it can increase pressure = the need to P more.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o high up inside!

Have U had the prolapse diagnosed and treatment suggested?  I believe that hormonal fluctuations can alter how it feels.

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2023, 04:17:46 PM »

No CLKD, I can hardly get to see a doctor here.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2023, 05:28:52 PM »

Most Surgeries are open for face2face appts..  Some have an e-mail facility for contacting/queries. 

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 05:55:42 PM »

KaraShannon - When do you use the Ovestin?
Putting it in at night mightn't be as much of a problem with sleepiness.
I think the other thing is that a loading period is needed to ensure the vaginal area is fully plumped up.

KaraShannon

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 11:08:24 PM »

Most Surgeries are open for face2face appts..  Some have an e-mail facility for contacting/queries.

Not here, it's awful.  Can't message online now, they've closed it.  Can't get through on the telephone, the phone isn't answered, often for up to an hour.  If you call during the emergency hours the phone will be answered a bit more quickly (30 mins) but that is for emergencies. 

Lets say I finally get through after devoting a day to trying (work on hold and other responsibilities on hold), I may get an appointment for a month's time.  When that time comes I may have other problems which mean I can't go.  A fatigue flare may happen and it's way too real to push through it.

I kept asking the surgery for my estradiol blood test results for about 6 months and not being given them.  3 different receptionists saying there was nothing on their screen and to make an appointment.  Couldn't make the appointment with them despite being there at the desk.  Told to call each morning when the appointments are freed up.  Called, but no answer and have to be at work.

Then one day out of the blue a receptionist told me what my results were.  I said no one else could find anything.  She said 'well it's right here.'   

I never had a problem seeing the GP in the past, there's a huge problem here now, everything is working against you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 11:12:56 PM by KaraShannon »

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2023, 11:10:52 PM »

I think the other thing is that a loading period is needed to ensure the vaginal area is fully plumped up.

Thanks Limpy, yes the sleepiness was still with me the next day.  Not too bad, but was just wondering if others got that.  I will persevere gradually.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 06:10:32 AM »

A letter to the Practice Manager and your local MP then?  As for making an appt = 3-4 weeks hence, U can ring the day B4 to free up the appt. if necessary.  I find that if I ring later in the day the phone might be answered or I go into the surgery directly.

Limpy

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 05:59:56 PM »

Thanks Limpy, yes the sleepiness was still with me the next day.  Not too bad, but was just wondering if others got that.  I will persevere gradually.

Hope that you get some sense out of the GPs. Good Luck 🤞