Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Racing heartbeat  (Read 1970 times)

eileenbeattie

Racing heartbeat
« on: May 11, 2023, 07:46:19 PM »

Hi I'm 48 and have been having a few heart palpitations. I was taking into hospital with a racing heart but all tests came back clear. Does anyone else have these symptoms due to perimenopause?

Flossieteacake

Re: Racing heartbeat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 08:14:38 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Heart palpitations are a very common  peri symptom. I hope you feel reassured after having tests and them coming back clear.

If you wish to you can enter palpitations into the search bar and have a browse of other threads about this.

It is lovely to have you here. :)

eileenbeattie

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 08:25:49 PM »

Thank you so much for getting back to me. It has reassured me that heart palpitations can be a symptom of perimenopause

Emma74

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 08:53:39 PM »

Yes!! All the time. Learnt not to be scared of them now. I almost say hello to them them when they come on. Hello palpitations, you're strong today or where did you come from or oh gosh you walked all the way to the local shop (bit of sarcasm gets me through! Anything that eases me really. Nothing as strange as folk 😁

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 08:48:02 AM »

Hello eileenbeattie and welcome to the forum.

I have had heart palpitations in the past and  I remember someone posting about how they frightened her especially at night when she was trying to sleep. I recall thinking that I had the same experience but strangely I found the night time ones quite comforting.

The palpitations stopped a long time ago but recently I have noticed a pause after a few heart beats. I posted about this and several ladies said that they had the same issue and they were told that these pauses weren't anything to worry about. I am planning to mention them to my doctor but I was reassured to hear that other menopausal women had experienced the same thing.

Wishing you well and take.

K.

Evies19688

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 09:25:40 AM »

Hello. I had this too about 5 or 6 years ago and it worried me terribly. It was more.or less constant and I thought something terrible was going to happen. It got so bad that I took myself to A&E on New Year's Day!  They did heart trace BP and bloods and everything came back fine. I went to the doctor whist waiting for a hospital appointment for a more thorough heart check who prescribed Propanalol and they stopped.... immediately almost. The heart check up came back fine. So I put it down to stress anxiety (even though at that time I didn't feel outwardly stressed) or, now, menopause.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 03:15:10 PM »

I have always been bothered from time to time with palpitations but they got an awful lot worse in peri.

goodgal52

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 03:00:29 PM »

I have it I am 52

MileyCyprus

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 09:50:49 AM »

Hi I get this at night.  I also had it a lot whilst pregnant so I guess those pesky hormones are to blame.  I saw a lovely cardiologist who explained it all to me and put my mind at risk.  Told me it likely happens all day long but it's not until you're quiet and/or laying down in the evenings/night that you tend to notice.  I hope you're feeling less anxious knowing all your tests can back clear.