Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan side effects  (Read 1194 times)

AnneS

Utrogestan side effects
« on: June 05, 2023, 09:48:01 AM »

Hi ... I've been on here a few times in the past and always had resssuring advice so after some more please ? I have been on Evorel 50 patches and utrogestan 100 ( continually) since December after having been changed from Evorel Conti due to irregular bleeding. Most of my symptoms seem to be ok ... certainly the standard ones ... eg/ flushes but I find my mood is very flat and my health anxiety is ever present ! Is this a side affect of the utrogestan? Do I have any alternatives I could try ? ( my doctor like many is not very knowledgeable on HRT ! ) many thanks in advance ! Xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 10:04:51 AM »

Hello AnneS. There are other options you can try. Here is a link which lists all the different HRT preparations.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment.php

Quite a few members report low mood or anxiety when taking ultrogestan. You are not alone there.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 10:15:28 AM »

hi AnneS

utro gives me chronic anxiety. i cannot take it at night at all as i feel wired.

you could try taking it vaginally its off licence in UK  but my gp says its fine. its licenced in europe this way and taking it vaginally lessens side effect.

its the same capsule for vaginal use xxx

AnneS

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 06:35:48 PM »

Ah thanks ... it's always reassuring to hear you're not the only one suffering! I've  also been having headaches ( and also one nasty migraine which I've not had before ....although that might just be the heat and not at all connected! ) ... I just really want to ease the anxiety  and low mood ! Did you find any side affects at all using it vaginally ? Should I speak to doctor before changing ? Xx

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 06:53:45 PM »

hi AnneS

i use it vaginally but the only side effect was using it at night it still made me feel wired. this is only me mind
 so i now use it vaginally in the mornings

i couldnt take it orally but vaginally should ease the anxiety. im not sure about headaches they could be connected to the utro and might ease when taking it vaginally.

vaginal use is off licence in the UK  its licenced this way all over europe. my gp is a one off i ssked him about vaginal use i told him it was off licence to use this way and he was fine with it. but i think my gp is a one off. i dont know what your gp is like but its probably best to run it past him or her. explain its used vaginally but off licence xxx