Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Waiting for HRT to settle down?  (Read 633 times)

Kai_63

Waiting for HRT to settle down?
« on: June 04, 2023, 10:47:22 PM »

I’ve been taking Utrogestan for 6 wks now (oral, 2 wks on, 2 off), oestrogel 2.5 pumps and am on the Lovima mini pill.

Also just used vagifem for 2 weeks daily and now down to 2 a week.

The past 3 days I’ve been crying at the smallest thing (on the bus!) and feeling v anxious. It coincides with the last days of Utrogestan taken on Friday and now I feel really calm again. Is it possible the Utrogestan is building up as I felt similarly at the end of the last two week course. It feels absolutely awful so just wondering if I have to persevere.

I’m 45, peri for 2 years and also have an underactive thyroid but got checked for meds recently and all fine.

Flossieteacake

Re: Waiting for HRT to settle down?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 09:00:01 AM »

Ultrogestan can cause some women to feel low in mood or anxious so it is possible you are reacting to it.

I just wanted to say, if the two does of vagifem a week is not enough then you can use more. Although the leaflet says to use for two weeks and then drop to twice a week, this is often not enough and many of us have to use it daily.

If you are finding ultrogestan does not suit you then you do have other progesterone options so do not worry.

Kai_63

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 09:20:49 PM »

Thank you! I’ve also been bleeding continuously on it so will see how I go. Vagifem seems OK.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:49:44 PM »

I get fatigue on it and for me it gets worse the longer I take it. The usual dose for sequi is for 12 days not 14. As you're on the pill as well you might be getting too much progesterone?

SummerBat

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 03:54:34 PM »

I think maybe too much progesterone and that it might be the mini pill making you bleed rather than the Utrogestan? In my experience, Utrogestan does not make me bleed but I did have trouble withdrawing from it each month. But when I tried the mini-pill I gave up after a 15 day bleed that was not going to do wonders for my ferritin levels.

Kai_63

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 06:29:08 PM »

Thank you. It’s tricky to say but my bleed so far has always coincided with Utrogestan. Maybe I have to stop one and see what happens.