News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Poo  (Read 1583 times)

Booroo

Poo
« on: June 04, 2023, 09:12:08 AM »

Health anxiety kicking in cos I think my poo is easier to get out not the runs and it’s formed but comes out ok I have ibs always anxious about something can’t remember how long it’s been like this prob couple week , was prepping for,holiday on day we went had the ibs stomach pain etc was same poo away and home still same, there’s nothing wrong with colour or anything just wondering if now taking hrt does it moisture insides so to speak and make poo softer? Sorry for tmi but worried it’s something else
And brain fog can’t remember if it’s been like this a while or last couple of weeks x

Ayesha

Re: Poo
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 09:26:52 AM »

Sounds like a classic case of stress causing the symptoms. Have you tried taking Imodium to see of that settles it or one of the other preparations for IBS. Obviously if it carries on see your GP.

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 09:27:36 AM »

Hi

It’s probably anxiety but I do find that since starting HRT I’m much more regular. I used to be a once a week girl!

I honestly don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Nik x

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 09:48:12 AM »

After constipation for a year prior to starting hrt, my poo got a lot easier once I started using estrogel. In general, I've found that estrogen increases bowel motility and progesterone bungs me up.
Perhaps you need to add some more soluble fibre to your diet to bulk your stools up a bit if you think they are too loose?

Booroo

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 09:51:07 AM »

Hi

It’s probably anxiety but I do find that since starting HRT I’m much more regular. I used to be a once a week girl!

I honestly don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Nik x

Hubby says could also be hot weather? I do have a lot of stressful things happening in next few weeks and I’ve been on hrt since start of year but honestly can’t remember what it was like say a month ago then it’s like hello is that different or is it paranoid? Will give it couple months when stress hopefully be less and see then thanks x

Booroo

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 09:51:44 AM »

Sounds like a classic case of stress causing the symptoms. Have you tried taking Imodium to see of that settles it or one of the other preparations for IBS. Obviously if it carries on see your GP.

Yes I take tablets if pain

HellsBells

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 11:03:41 AM »

The nervous system and digestion are linked so it could be your state of mind, but I also have the 'looser' thing (or certainly more frequent) on BHRT.

Booroo

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2023, 11:30:47 AM »

The nervous system and digestion are linked so it could be your state of mind, but I also have the 'looser' thing (or certainly more frequent) on BHRT.

Thank you xxThis sucks doesn’t it if it’s not one thing it’s something else

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 11:35:41 AM »

It is probably hormonal.  Plus stress.

4 me 10 mins B4 a bleed began, I would have to run to the loo: even when a period wasn't due.  If you are in pain, use appropriate pain relief?

Booroo

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2023, 11:43:35 AM »

Yes agree

I do take meds when needed

Mary G

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2023, 11:54:21 AM »

I agree with others, it sounds like a combination of hormone changes, stress and the introduction of HRT.   

A gastroenterologist I consulted told me that HRT (both oral and transdermal) often speeds up transit and a lot of women go on to develop IBS too.

Booroo

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2023, 12:01:53 PM »

I agree with others, it sounds like a combination of hormone changes, stress and the introduction of HRT.   

A gastroenterologist I consulted told me that HRT (both oral and transdermal) often speeds up transit and a lot of women go on to develop IBS too.
Interesting isn’t it? Thank you for that should reassure me enough x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2023, 12:43:46 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

TM73!

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2023, 06:48:39 PM »

Snap! I also suffer with HA and am totally preoccupied with my bowels. I’m definitely looser since starting HRT.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2023, 08:12:23 PM »

All the month round or at certain points of the replacement therapy TM731?
Pages: [1] 2