Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weight gain 😤  (Read 586 times)

Gems

• First Flush
Weight gain 😤
« on: May 29, 2023, 08:41:25 PM »

Hi Everyone
I’m new to this forum.
This is my last resort to getting any help advice and support before I just give up!!!!
I am 43 and in full swing of the menopause 😡 I’m really struggling with it all, I did have a really good GP but unfortunately she is now on long term sick. So now I feel like no one understands or can help me as none of my friends or family are menopausal.
Im on HRT patches but not sure they are my answer.
Within the last month I’ve gained weight around my stomach and it’s really hard for me as I’m quite petite with a big chest so I feel all boobs and belly.
I’ve looked on various websites etc to see what I can do to control this some say calorie count others say eat a nutrient dense diet?????
Does anyone else have this problem??
I can do a lot of exercise due to a back problem 😞

jaypo

Re: Weight gain 😤
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 07:14:23 AM »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Sadly belly fat can come with menopause,like you,I'm quite petite but smaller chested and I HATE how my belly sticks out, I eat sensibly etc etc but nope,there it is,like I'm pregnant 🤬 there are some good exercises on YouTube (for menopause ladies) as no amount of sit ups will get rid of it as I discovered.
Also check that certain foods don't bloat you,maybe keep a diary?

Tulip123

Re: Weight gain 😤
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 11:14:45 AM »

How long have you been on patches for?

I sympathise. I have had a flat belly my whole life until I was early 40s and started perimenopause.

However I am now losing the weight again but it took a few months after starting patches.

I do walking as a hobby and I am just starting with strength exercises for muscles on You Tube. There are lots on there. To lose weight, I have to eat less than 1200 calories per day but I also limit my carbs to 120g per day. I use an app called My Fitness Pal which calculates all this.

I've read that cardio isn't always the right thing for belly fat at our age and that we need to be doing strength exercises so I'm trying that at the moment.