Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: PAP smear and mammogram  (Read 971 times)

goodgal52

PAP smear and mammogram
« on: May 29, 2023, 09:26:29 PM »

Hi ladies .How often do you think we should do a pap smear and mammograms. I have been having heavy cycles for almost a year and a half now .The most recent one was different as it has been going on since 9 th May and suddenly on the 25 th i had the worst bleed ever .I had heavy flows 25,26,27,28 and still going on the 29 th .Previously cycles were heavy 2 to 3 days .This one has gone upto 5.Makes me want to go and have a pap smear done .Any thoughts ? Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: PAP smear and mammogram
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 07:31:28 AM »

I believe that it's every 3 or every 5 years between each cervical smear and 3 for mammograms here?

Your symptoms look like peri-menopause from where I'm sitting.  "The Change" does what it says on the tin.  My periods waxed and waned for several years B4 going into menopause proper [last bleed].  We are advised to count from 1 when periods seem to have disappeared, as Nature can throw in more as we age.  Until it's all gone.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Browse round. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 04:24:01 PM by CLKD »

goodgal52

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 12:41:15 PM »

Thanks CLKD .I already had a notepad on my phone describing all my events but will keep more detailed noted so I don't lose track of time .Yeah maybe will get a pap smear too to rule out anything bad .I am from the US .I think a pap can be done yearly here .Will check .Thanks .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 04:23:41 PM »

I guessed that you might be living Stateside ;-).  Let us know how you get on.