Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi I am new  (Read 1349 times)

samson1706

Hi I am new
« on: May 25, 2023, 12:36:22 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have just seen this whereas you show that you are new which I posted myself on another part of this forum.  I am 50 years old and I'm going through the perimenopause but not on any HRT as I can't but doing the natural alternatives which isn't really helping and I have other health issues which Dr's in hospital is baffled what is going on with my body. I have had every test going, bloods, x-ray, CT scans, ultrasound etc and they still can't fathom what is going on. My platelets went down to 40 1 day and has climbed up since then to 127 with clumping going on. They say either have had a viral infection which is getting better or the menopause lol...I have been transferred back to GP which I have an appointment with next Wednesday for more bloods and to talk about the menopause which the Dr im seeing has gone through which will be good to talk about as not being funny every male GP I have seen have no clue. This tingling (****ly heat I call it) all through my feet, legs and face has calmed down to what it was last month (all day too!) Also hot flushes and night sweats has calmed. But tinnitus has got worse. My last period was back 10th of March then last Thursday some spotting occurred then stopped then started again next day then nothing Saturday but came back Sunday and everyday since with bad cramps (also red and brown).
To be honest I just wish we had been educated about this and also I wish I would have asked my mother what she had but sadly she passed away 3 years ago to Parkinson's disease 😢. My anxiety can be up and down since she passed. My workplace is not a good environment and can't talk to anyone there as they are all young enough to be my children lol.

Anyway that's me 😊

Flossieteacake

Re: Hi I am new
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 12:56:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum. I am so very sorry to hear you have lost your Mum. My heart goes out to you.

It may help to ask your GP to refer you to an NHS menopause clinic to see if they can come up with some sort of way you can take HRT. Many of your symptoms do sound hormonal related.

You have come to the right place as you will find lots of support and understanding here. :)

samson1706

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 01:02:10 PM »

Thank you 😊 yes it was really hard loosing my mum...she was always there for me to talk to she was my best friend to be honest...I miss her here so much 😢

Yes I need something for this...what we women go through eh?

Thank you for welcoming me here 😊

goodgal52

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 02:59:10 PM »

Hi I am in a similar situation. I am 52. I thought it was over last month and stopped looking at the feminine section in stores thinking I don’t need it anymore . Then 16 days ago I had very very very light spotting and I thought it’s over finally . 5 days ago I had planned a Memorial Day weekend outing with family which had to be cancelled as suddenly I started bleeding heavy again as if my cycle had started and yes it had . Surprisingly !! And usually I had heavy cycles for 2 or 3 days , this time it’s the fifth day and it is still heavy as ever . I have not done a  Pap smear for a long time. Now I am afraid to even go to a obgyn . I have to start work tomorrow pretty much on my feet whole day . How will I even work if the cycle is heavy tomorrow too
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:08:25 PM by goodgal52 »

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 06:42:13 PM »

Welcome to the forum samson1706.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mam. I feel the same way, my mam died in 2008, I started hrt only last august, but I really wish I had asked her about her menopause.

I only had hot flushes and some night sweats in peri  but to be honest, with me things got really bad in post meno. One of my first symptoms was tinnitus, I have chronic anxiety as well.

This forum to be honest really was/is a lifeline. Lots of lovely people and really good advice xx

samson1706

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 10:18:02 PM »

Hi I am in a similar situation. I am 52. I thought it was over last month and stopped looking at the feminine section in stores thinking I don’t need it anymore . Then 16 days ago I had very very very light spotting and I thought it’s over finally . 5 days ago I had planned a Memorial Day weekend outing with family which had to be cancelled as suddenly I started bleeding heavy again as if my cycle had started and yes it had . Surprisingly !! And usually I had heavy cycles for 2 or 3 days , this time it’s the fifth day and it is still heavy as ever . I have not done a  Pap smear for a long time. Now I am afraid to even go to a obgyn . I have to start work tomorrow pretty much on my feet whole day . How will I even work if the cycle is heavy tomorrow too

Hi and thanks for your reply...omg don't say that my spotting has only just stopped  11 days with cramps. I have got sanitary pads as I bought loads before I stopped as before I stopped I was a very heavy bleeder. I just don't know if they will come back with vengeance lol 🥺 we shall see. Oh I hope work will be ok for you as being on your feet all day is bad whilst bleeding I know as I work on my feet 12hrs daily nothing worse. Yes get a smear test done if I were you. I'm at my GP Wednesday so I will be asking for one. Let me know how you get on?

samson1706

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 10:21:54 PM »

Welcome to the forum samson1706.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mam. I feel the same way, my mam died in 2008, I started hrt only last august, but I really wish I had asked her about her menopause.

I only had hot flushes and some night sweats in peri  but to be honest, with me things got really bad in post meno. One of my first symptoms was tinnitus, I have chronic anxiety as well.

This forum to be honest really was/is a lifeline. Lots of lovely people and really good advice xx

Hi and thanks for your reply 😊 I'm truly sorry for your loss too 😥. Yes my tinnitus has got worse for me. Yes I agree with you so many lovely people and good advice which we need in our lives. X

goodgal52

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 12:17:46 AM »

Hi samson1706,

Thanks for replying.Vengeance is such a true word.It happened with me right on my birthday just as i thought it was all over 😞😞It did come back with a vengeance and i had heavy bleeding for 5 long days ...instead of the regular 3 days....terrible.I hope you don't face anything like that.Stay calm and positive but at the same time better to be aware and prepared.I learnt my lesson .Sorry to hear about your mum .My sympathies to you .I desperately started calling local obgyn offices as I was taken by surprise completely ☹️☹️I hate working on the heavy days its the most embarrassing thing at work .Yes ,i will get a pap smear done .I feel better now that I have joined this forum as i see so many ladies in the arena suffering too so I am not alone .Thanks for replying
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 12:27:31 AM by goodgal52 »