Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is this normal ????  (Read 1542 times)

goodgal52

Is this normal ????
« on: May 29, 2023, 02:52:19 PM »

Hello ladies . I am new. I was just so confused that I started looking for a forum to discuss my issues . Is anyone out there with similar issues. I just turned 52 and had to cancel my birthday outing as I started my cycle. The last cycle I had was very light and I thought this is it.  it’s beginning of menopause. Since the 9 th of may I was having very light spotting very very light spotting and then boom right a few days ago I started heavy bleeding . Usually it was heavy about 3 days this time it’s been 5 and I am still bleeding heavy . I have passed clots like a lot some small some string shaped . I have not gone for a pap for quite a while now . The last one I had I had to get a colposcopy done . It said abnormal ASCUS possibly HGSIL. I did not want to pursue this further and I stopped all visit . Now I am afraid something is not right . For the past year and a half the cycles had been heavy first 2 to 3 days . I have kept notes of it all. Sometime back I used to induce cycles using fenugreek and ginger water if I had to be on vacation . I wonder if this has caused all the issues Anyone with similar symptoms?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:17:02 PM by goodgal52 »

sheila99

Re: Is this normal ????
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 04:49:44 PM »

Welcome to the roller-coaster. Theonly thing you can expect is that everything will go haywire - long cycles, short cycles, gap of several months then restarting, short light bleed, heavy clotty bleed etc etc. Unlikely to be anything sinister but do get checked out if you're worried.

goodgal52

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 09:05:02 PM »

Oh my God 😞😞😞😞.I know one of my family members who had the smoothest menopause ever.She is a yoga freak since 18 years and has been doing it ever since then .I bet that helped.I was expecting something similar but oh well 😔😔

goodgal52

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 09:08:17 PM »

Well at least We can share our miseries here.Thank you Sheila99
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 09:18:21 PM by goodgal52 »

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 05:55:14 AM »

Lol I am also what could be classed as a yoga freak and I have had an absolute nightmare perimemopause. Seems to be luck of the draw and perhaps a bit of genetics thrown in. I don't recall my mum ever telling me about her menopause but then she was of a different generation.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 05:56:35 AM »

The best advice I was given was to predict the unpredictable!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 07:29:21 AM »

Yes perfectly normal for peri menopause. Like you I would have a few days, sometimes up to two weeks, of light bleeding then, bang, a heavy period which might last for weeks. Then there might be a few months with nothing then periods a few weeks apart. Heavy, light or sporadic bleeding. This lasted around two years and then I began HRT as my hot sweats were wrecking my life so I don't know how long the weird bleeding pattern would have lasted. It's caused by the fluctuating hormones which turn on and off instead of being steady and predictable. Expect the unexpected and always carry sanitary protection for those unexpected 'moments'

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 07:32:04 AM »

Did I answer the same question this morning already  :-\ ?

goodgal52

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 12:38:05 PM »

Thank you Taz2 and Penguin .I am so relieved that I joined this forum otherwise I almost had a panic attack☹️☹️Now let's see what I have to go through😞😞.Today i have a 11 hr shift plus travel time around one hour .I guess I will have to go fully prepared .Thank you ladies

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 02:28:02 PM »

Hello ladies . I am new. I was just so confused that I started looking for a forum to discuss my issues . Is anyone out there with similar issues. I just turned 52 and had to cancel my birthday outing as I started my cycle. The last cycle I had was very light and I thought this is it.  it’s beginning of menopause. Since the 9 th of may I was having very light spotting very very light spotting and then boom right a few days ago I started heavy bleeding . Usually it was heavy about 3 days this time it’s been 5 and I am still bleeding heavy . I have passed clots like a lot some small some string shaped . I have not gone for a pap for quite a while now . The last one I had I had to get a colposcopy done . It said abnormal ASCUS possibly HGSIL. I did not want to pursue this further and I stopped all visit . Now I am afraid something is not right . For the past year and a half the cycles had been heavy first 2 to 3 days . I have kept notes of it all. Sometime back I used to induce cycles using fenugreek and ginger water if I had to be on vacation . I wonder if this has caused all the issues Anyone with similar symptoms?

Why did you ignore your abnormal pap results. Shouldn't you have yearly follow up checks now?

ASCUS stands for atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance’ and means your test results are abnormal. An abnormal result indicates there are some cells in your cervix that are not ‘normal’ and need to be checked for possible HPV.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:34:32 PM by Dierdre »