Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I am new  (Read 1205 times)

samson1706

I am new
« on: May 22, 2023, 03:21:57 PM »

Hi all, hope you're all ok. This is long so please stay with me. All started on 11th of April where bottom of my legs were burning inside and looked red and felt like I had ****ly heat. Anyway as I work in a pharmacy in the hospital I asked a pharmacist to look at my legs and she said for me to take myself straight away to A+E so I did...they took blood tests which my platelet count was at 40 as you know it should be between 150 - 400...she said rest of blood results were good so she made an appointment next day at ambulatory care clinic...next day more bloods and platelets were at 77 and said they were clumped etc...another appointment made 2 days later, platelets at 117...whilst this was happening the burning ****ly feeling still going but climbing up my legs and now on my face with really hot flushes..2 weeks later another appointment with platelets at 127...Dr asked when I had my last period which was nearly 2 months which Dr thinking this all could be related to menopause? Now last Thursday I had some pink, brownish spotting in the morning then same Friday and Saturday morning then nothing. Since last appointment at hospital all ****ly, burning sensation has gone? Night sweats has also nearly gone. Forgot to mention I will be 51 in June. Is this all related to menopause? Anyone had similar symptoms to me? Any replies will be appreciated. Thanks 😊

Flossieteacake

Re: I am new
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 03:29:44 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have not had this symptom but just wanted to welcome you. You may want to do a search for these symptoms in the search bar and see if anything pops up. 

I have had a ****ly feeling in my skin that was meno related and it is so uncomfortable. I have found HRT has helped this. The hot flushes are very likely to be meno related and a very common symptom on here.

You will find a lot of support on here. :)

samson1706

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 03:36:12 PM »

Hi 👋 and thanks so much for your reply...yes I have had a little look so far. Forgot to mention I get all other symptoms of brain fog, anxiety etc just wanted to know if anyone else had seen their platelets change as it's muffled the Dr's in the hospital as they have done all tests and nothing else to explain why they have gone low lol...they have passed me back to my GP to carry on with blood tests to keep an eye on my platelets though.

samson1706

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 03:38:00 PM »

Forgot to mention I can't be on HRT as to family DVT's and cancers so Dr ruled that one out

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:13:18 PM »

Odd symptoms.  We shouldn't blame everything onto menopause, I think that you should be followed up with the blood tests returning with those results.

As for no HRT - which Dr suggested not being prescribed for you?  There are many ways of delivering HRT so mayB an appt with a dedicated menopause clinic is in order - not a gynae.

:welcomemm:

samson1706

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 05:16:28 AM »

Hi, yes right they are odd symptoms I know lol not like the usual ones that does happen right? It's baffled me never mind the Dr's in the hospital to know what is happening with my body. You are right I need something to help me. I am taking menopace with red clover, vitamin b12 tablets, magnesium tablets and cod liver oil with vitamin D already. Dr's even tested my antibodies which is normal, diabetes which is normal and thyroid. I might be the totally weird one which gets the odd symptoms lol...I have got another appointment with Dr's next week which I will ask about a menopause clinic I can go to as I need some answers as my anxiety has gone through the roof and trying to work 12hrs a day can be hard (although I have a couple of days off this week) but thanks for your reply and welcoming me to the forum

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 08:40:56 AM »

Who recommended alternatives?  Did U tell the A&E Dept about these? Is your GP aware?

It may be that you have reacted to one of the alternatives ...... VitD is the 1 that we should all be taking.  Apparently  ::).  VitB12 can badly interact with some old anti-depressant medications to the point of being fatal.

What U describe is not usual for peri-menopause. 

MayB wean off the alternatives to give your system a rest? 

samson1706

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 09:53:54 AM »

Hi and thanks for replying 🙂 no I only started taking all these supplements around a week now. When I first went to A+E I was on menopace with red clover, clonidine 25mcg, norethisterone 5mg and taking tranexamic 500mg tablets when I had my last period. But I stopped the clonidine, norethisterone and menopace with red clover around 3 weeks ago and noticed my platelets were climbing so whether it's down to them I really don't know. Yes my GP knew about the tablets I was taking and had stopped but does not know about knew ones which I will tell with my next appointment. I just wish we had education about the menopause when we were in school etc as we could have been prepared at least, I mean to know what is going on with our bodies etc

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 11:36:33 AM »

MayB get an appt ASAP and stop everything for at least 10 days under supervision.  Something isn't 'right' and if platelets are low, this should be investigated.

samson1706

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 12:28:06 PM »

Hi, ok will do...they did my platelets last time on a citrated blood count to get an exact count which was 172 which doctor said was normal but my blood was clumping...they thought I had either mild itp through a viral infection or could be the menopause, so the hospital had assigned me back to the GP. Myself I feel ok better than I did when I walked into emergency back in April. Just been reading a lot on red clover which can reduce your platelets as it mimics estrogen and can be bad for your liver if on long term which I was. My AT on my liver blood count was high but back to normal now which makes me think was it that? I'm no doctor but makes me think same time I gave up on that all them symptoms I had (apart from menopause ones) have gone?? I will see with blood test again if platelets are still rising then I will know maybe?

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2023, 12:33:27 PM »

?? mild itp ??

Alternatives may benefit for a short while, however - none should be taken for more than 3 months at a time and have not been tested; whereas HRT has undergone stringent testing.  Some find that HRT doesn't suit, it can be Trial and Error.

Let us know how you get on?

samson1706

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 12:44:18 PM »

Yes mild thrombocytopenia Dr said. But yes will let you know how I get on and thanks again for your advice, much appreciated.

samson1706

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 06:13:37 AM »

This is a message for Moonflower...I have tried to do a personal message back but it won't allow me...all I get up is an error occurred and have tried to message the forum about the problem but have heard nothing back. I am not ignoring you Moonflower, I just don't know what to do next

Moonflower

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2023, 05:56:37 AM »

hi jackie,

I've just responded to your message. I was waiting for a message in my hotmail account and realised I didn't even give it to you!

I just re-read this thread and personally helped somebody get HRT even though she had had some mini strokes.  I told her to see Newson and she got some and is feeling like a new woman. I met her in the waiting room at a hospital. We were both waiting to see the gynae, who turned out to be rubbish really. She'd been waiting for her appointment for 2 years and then was dismissed in less than 5 mins. She was in tears. I took her number and found evidence that it was possible for her to have hrt, so it all happened and she now has the energy to do her job and play with her grandchildren. Really pleased for her.

Anyway, I think our platelet clumping is quite rare so I'm pleased to have found somebody with the same issues.

xx

samson1706

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 10:24:50 PM »

hi jackie,

I've just responded to your message. I was waiting for a message in my hotmail account and realised I didn't even give it to you!

I just re-read this thread and personally helped somebody get HRT even though she had had some mini strokes.  I told her to see Newson and she got some and is feeling like a new woman. I met her in the waiting room at a hospital. We were both waiting to see the gynae, who turned out to be rubbish really. She'd been waiting for her appointment for 2 years and then was dismissed in less than 5 mins. She was in tears. I took her number and found evidence that it was possible for her to have hrt, so it all happened and she now has the energy to do her job and play with her grandchildren. Really pleased for her.

Anyway, I think our platelet clumping is quite rare so I'm pleased to have found somebody with the same issues.

xx

Hi I have sent a message to your email address 😊 xx