Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirena and pms symptoms  (Read 671 times)

Clarella

Mirena and pms symptoms
« on: May 28, 2023, 06:28:51 PM »

Hello,

I’m having a really hard time getting hrt right for me, partly as I’m also hypothyroid. The different hormones all seem to interact. I’ve just reduced my thyroxine dose again possibly as a result of starting testosterone which seems to have made me hyper.

I love Utrogestan and am on 200 continuously but my body has been very confused since I started testosterone and an extra patch to take to 125 estradot. Oestrogen was mid 500s last test which I was really pleased about as I’ve really struggled to get it up. Testosterone (FAI) was a tad too high so I’m on half the prescribed dose.

Went to continuous last year as at the time periods were sparse, random and I was struggling with the ups and downs. Was on 75 then and oestrogen barely reaching 200.  It also seems that Utrogestan can reduce shbg and other things that bind to thyroxine. So I’m a bit worried about changing but can’t carry on like this either!

Q: Has anyone used the mirena during perimenopause on thyroxine and found it helped to stabilise things?

the light bleeds/ spottings are triggering huge swings of something that cause brain fog, light headed ness, aches and pains, water retention, aching feet, night sweats, tingling hands and feet etc.

Mood is actually ok, so I don’t really want that to dip :(

sheila99

Re: Mirena and pms symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 07:05:54 PM »

Sorry I don't know the answer but I would either add your question to the thyroid thread or change the title to include thyroid. You might get better replies that way.

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 07:19:18 PM »

Clarella, I have answered your on the earlier  Mirena thread of it helps x

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 04:13:52 PM »

Hi Clarella, did my reply to your PM the other day come through to you OK?  Just wanted to let you know I'd received your message & replied, in case you were not aware.  I hope you are OK.  Please message me again if I might be able to help.
Wx

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 07:22:20 AM »

Sorry Wren, life has been utter chaos. Partly thanks to being hyperthyroid which has been utter hell.

Thank you so much, will check now.