Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel 75mg & mirena symptoms worsening  (Read 417 times)

Menopausenow79

• First Flush
Evorel 75mg & mirena symptoms worsening
« on: May 27, 2023, 01:12:23 PM »

Hi

I’m hoping someone can help or advise I’ve had a fairly rotten time with menopause symptoms since they were diagnosed I’ve been on Evorel 75mg for over 3 months now my anti depressants were also increased to citalopram at 40mg.

I’ve noticed (keeping notes so I don’t forget) that around the middle of a month I could get period type symptoms which made my menopause symptoms hell (I’m on Mirena so no periods). This doesn’t happen every month more like every 2 or 3 and after a few days it calms down & I feel more stable.

My question is that it happened again this month except it hasn’t improved sleep is impacted, exhaustion & headaches increased combined with increase in pain.
I just wondered if this is something I should accept or possibly talk to my dr who is great. Don’t get me wrong I never feel like old me but right now it feels like the balance I had has gone, has anyone else had this please

SarahT

Re: Evorel 75mg & mirena symptoms worsening
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 07:12:42 PM »

Hi

If it were me I would speak with your g.p. Although 3 months is recommended for the minimum time for hrt to settle, it seems some ladies (myself included) do need to tweak their dose at times.

My own  symptoms are worse just prior and at time of period (like you, no actual full bleeds.due to mirena)  I think if you are peri, as again I am, we are working with our own hormones as well as those from the hrt, and that combination  seems to cause a lot of fluctuating.

I agree with what you say... I will never be the old  me, but I still want to be a better me than I feel now.😍

Wishing you well

Menopausenow79

• First Flush
Re: Evorel 75mg & mirena symptoms worsening
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 01:09:42 PM »

Thank you so much for replying I wasn’t sure so thank you