Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mammogram  (Read 1294 times)

goodgal52

Re: Mammogram
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 09:13:20 PM »

Mammograms are scary .I feel you and especially if they call back .Wish you the best on your follow up visit .

Mollymoo

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 04:45:12 PM »

Good news! It turns out I had a cyst and it was drained there and then.

I had another mammogram on the left boob only. The results were shown to the consultant and then i had to have a scan. The scan showed a black circle. She said she will numb the area and put a needle in, if its a cyst then it should go and if not a biopsy would have to be taken.
Luckily she was able to draw out the cyst and after another mammogram you could see it had gone
Have never been so anxious, praying it was nothing more sinister. I was so relieved when I heard dmy husband and the consultant say excellent its gone.

Camb1990

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2023, 05:10:16 PM »

That’s brilliant news!! So pleased for you - what a relief!

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 05:22:46 PM »

What great news Mollymoo, really pleased to hear that. And thank you for updating the post, goes to show not all callbacks are sinister which is really reassuring x

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 05:36:35 PM »

Fabulous 💐💐

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 05:43:07 PM »

Such a relief!  Does the cyst dissolve when drained?  Was it an 'ouch' moment  :o.   :foryou:

Mollymoo

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 05:54:08 PM »

I felt a small scratch  and sting when the anesthetic went in and I didn't know it had been done until I heard my husband say fantastic.
The needle goes into the cyst and the fluid is aspirated. I heard the doc say to the assistant aspirate. The assistant squeezed my hand and said well done its gone.

It was such a relief to hear that. If nothing came out then it would have required a biopsy to see what it was.

I asked when we arrived if they saw something on the mammogram and she said it's not an accurate textbook therefore further tests need to be done.
I knew there was something there because the doctor requested  a scan after seeing the second mammogram

Thank the lord! I never pray but I did today

DottyD68

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2023, 07:14:37 PM »

Great news Mollymoo. Really pleased for you and thanks for letting us know X

Jayne1968

• First Flush
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 07:44:34 PM »

That's great news Molly  :)  Such a relief!  I went for mine and they had found a small area of microcalcifications 8 mm. These are very common apparently and tend to appear as we get older.  They are benign but can occasionally turn cancerous and they can't tell if they do so they've done a biopsy to make sure.

I'm very relieved, the anxiety is awful.  The doctor said to always go for mammograms as these sort of things can be picked up early and are treatable.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2023, 08:07:30 PM »

Yep.  Take every opportunity 4 any tests that the NHS throws our way!

My lump however never showed on mammogram, I found it when bathing one night.

DottyD68

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2023, 08:13:27 PM »

Jayne68,

Glad you are getting the necessary attention and are relieved. I agree the anxiety waiting for these tests/results is awful but believe the sooner things are identified the sooner they can be treated. Hope you sleep well tonight x
Pages: 1 [2]