Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mammogram  (Read 1293 times)

Mollymoo

Mammogram
« on: May 27, 2023, 06:04:44 PM »

So I had my first mammogram a couple of weeks ago. Had my letter back and I have to go for further tests.
Omg I feel sick..
Does this mean they have found something

jaypo

Re: Mammogram
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 06:29:30 PM »

Hi Mollymoo,no,it definitely doesn't mean anything nasty,I was recalled and the Dr said that there are a lot of call backs and 90% or more are because of not clear enough images,so try not stress too much,good luck  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 08:15:33 PM »

Usually due to the images being blurred etc., this is your 1st so the Radiographer has nothing to judge the films against.  It may be as simply having lumpy breasts due to the time of the month. Lumpy as in lumpy, not problematic breast lumps. 

How long are U likely to wait until the next appt,? 

I found a lump in 1994, still here >wave<

Mollymoo

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 09:55:13 AM »

Hi
I have my appointment on Tuesday, very quick from the letter arriving yesterday.
I have no lumps, was my first mammogram, early menopause at 20 now 51.
I can't help thinking the worst. I am so scared x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 10:17:22 AM »

What you scared about?  My biggest worry was having a panic attack which would have stopped me attending appts., etc.  However, running on adrenaline with good support from the Surgeon and his Team, plus a loving husband ........ I was surprisingly fine  ::)

Pain was my 2nd worry.  But good pain relief was available.  U R getting the follow up that you deserve.  Take a list of worries to the appt..

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 10:31:08 AM »

My cousin is a radiologist who has worked in breast clinic/screening programme for several years. She said it is very common to be recalled after first one as they have no previous scans to go by and it can also be a problem with the image clarity.

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 11:04:08 AM »

Please don't fret,if this was your first mammogram,all it means is,they have nothing to compare it to,as clkd said,they will take another one,simply so they have a comparison

Camb1990

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 12:50:23 PM »

Same thing happened to me - recalled after my first mammogram. I spent a week in turmoil waiting for the appointment (I have some health anxiety) but it was exactly as others here have said - first image wasn’t v clear and as they had no baseline to check against they just wanted another look. I was a wreck but all the nurses and the doctor were lovely and completely understood why I was nervous x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2023, 01:08:33 PM »

:welcomemm:  Camb1990

Jayne1968

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 09:45:32 AM »

Hi 👋  I'm in the same position as you.  Got a recall to go tomorrow. Really anxious too.  My last one three years ago was normal but I've started on HRT since and the nurse doing the mammogram said you're more likely to be recalled as HRT makes your breasts denser and harder to read?  Also the last one will differ from this one because of that.  I'm hoping that's the case.  Thinking of you xx

Mollymoo

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2023, 10:49:46 AM »

Hi Jayne
This makes me feel a bit better as u am also hoping that its the HRT not giving an accurate picture.
I feel anxious because the letter doesn't say what the problem is and asks me to bring somebody.
I am petrified it will be bad news.
Good luck with you tomorrow too. I will be thinking about you xx

Jayne1968

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2023, 10:55:46 AM »

Let me know how you get on Molly and I will do the same xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2023, 11:58:38 AM »

Good idea to take someone along, with a list of your worries.  Let us know how you get on.

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 02:02:29 PM »

Yes,please do let us know.
I think these letters are printed out pretty much the same for everyone whether it's bad news or just a recall to get a better image,so don't read too much into it. I know none of this will stop you stressing  :(

DottyD68

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 08:54:49 PM »

Jayne68 and Mollymoo,

Just want to wish you both well with your recall appointments. I hope it's all ok but it doesn't make it any easier waiting.

Sending you very best wishes xx
Pages: [1] 2