Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please on HRT  (Read 658 times)

Angelique

• First Flush
Advice please on HRT
« on: May 25, 2023, 12:08:24 PM »

Hi new member here so not sure if I am doing this right.

Guess I am just asking for reassurance I was on evorel conti 50 for 9 months. Gp stopped hrt due to blood pressure. My blood pressure now under control with medication.

I started back on the evorel conti two weeks ago. Got slight spotting I never had before. Gp thinks it because they have messed around with my hormones so much that its probably why.

I still feel this is not a high enough dose for me I am not sleeping well am grumpy tired and tearful. I sobbed all day yesterday.

I do also suffer with depression and health anxiety.  I am concerned about having evorel 75 with added utrogestan tablet as not a fan of pills.
What other suggestions can I ask gp for she is good but not that much knowledge on HRT meds.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

sheila99

Re: Advice please on HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 12:22:28 PM »

You've only been on it for 2weeks and it needs time to build up. They say you should try it for 3months before changing so you get the full effects. Bleeding can be expected in the first 6 months of a new conti regime so I don't think you should worry about that. My insomnia and anxiety took the full 3 months to go.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 01:01:34 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear you are feeling tearful. Hormones really can play havoc with our emotions.

Like Shelia says. it is still early days and it can take 3 months before knowing if you are on the right HRT. You say you are not keen on taking pills. Ultrogestan can be taken vaginally as a pessary. Perhaps that would suit you more. There are many threads on here all about that.

Are you on Evorel Conti now? I am a bit confused as you said you have been on this for 2 weeks and then you mentioned Evorel 75 with ultrogestan. No doubt it is my brain fog making me misread your post.   ;D

Angelique

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 01:35:23 PM »

Sorry if not clear I was on evorel conti 50 for 9 months. then gp stopped it due to high bp. Now back on evorel conti 50 as bp better than it was.
The gp is saying maybe I need evorel 75 with utrogestan pills now is there an alternative to utrogestan pills.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 01:41:46 PM »

Sorry if not clear I was on evorel conti 50 for 9 months. then gp stopped it due to high bp. Now back on evorel conti 50 as bp better than it was.
The gp is saying maybe I need evorel 75 with utrogestan pills now is there an alternative to utrogestan pills.

Yes there are alternatives to Ultrogestan but they are mainly pills. Ultrogestan can be used vaginally and there is the option of the Mirena coil. This link will explain all the various alternatives.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment.php

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 03:59:59 PM »

You can use utrogeston vaginally. It's off licence in the UK but is licensed this way in the rest of Europe. Some GPs will prescribe a patch and half conti patches so you get sufficient progesterone but not all will. I still think you should give it some more time though. How long were you off it?

Angelique

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023, 01:34:13 PM »

Hi I was off my HRT about 5 weeks and felt so ill  without it. Been back on the evorel conti 50 just over two weeks. But this time I am cramping and have a little bit of brownish blood only a tiny bit. I didn't get this before.
I do worry so much about what I should or shouldn't take.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023, 02:38:54 PM »

It is common to bleed when starting HRT. You had a five week break so it sounds like your body is getting used to it again. I am sorry you are having cramping. I hope it stops soon.