Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: EVEROL CONTI not working now . What next ?  (Read 1005 times)

PM

• First Flush
EVEROL CONTI not working now . What next ?
« on: May 24, 2023, 08:26:16 PM »

Hi I am new to the forum 😁 Need advice please . I commenced EVEROL Sequi 50 last Jan 23, perimenopausal , still having periods . Definitely helped , however hot flushes , sleeplessness , brain fog , low mood , returned in March this year . GP changed my patch to EVEROL Continuous as  I was 54 in April and advised I should try this ,
Due to age and hopefully help with symptoms. Almost 3 months of the continuous EVEROL now , however I still have the hot flushes and horrendous sweating and insomnia . What is the next treatment step ? Or do I try longer with the Conti ? Thanks . Oh and my BP is now borderline , verging on high 😩 . Not sure if this would impact on treatment. Any help / advice welcome . Big thanks in advance .

sheila99

Re: EVEROL CONTI not working now . What next ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 10:16:33 PM »

Evorel conti only comes on one strength so if you need more oestrogen you can use an evorel 75 patch with a separate progestogen such as utrogeston.

Amerififer

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 03:12:31 AM »

Hiya.. I started on Everol Conti patches... worked great for a while then stopped.. What is working currently is... the everol conti patch.. plus a everol 25 patch together..
So patches.. Patches seem to work better for me.. At least SO FAR  :)

2cats

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 05:42:04 AM »

Hi Amerififer,

I’m interested to hear that you are using the conti patch plus 25 patch as I’m currently using 1 and a half femseven conti patches but I think it’s too much progesterone as I can feel myself getting increasingly intolerant and irritable. I took the half patch off on Monday night but think I still need the extra oestrogen to keep daily headaches away.
Did your gp mention anything about your womb lining with regards to the extra oestrogen?
Thanks 🙂

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 08:53:52 AM »

The conti patch is balanced so there's enough progesterone for the amount of oestrogen in the patch. You shouldn't add more oestrogen without increasing the progesterone. If you want to stick to evorel conti you should use an extra half conti patch.

Amerififer

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 05:05:16 PM »

Hi Amerififer,

I’m interested to hear that you are using the conti patch plus 25 patch as I’m currently using 1 and a half femseven conti patches but I think it’s too much progesterone as I can feel myself getting increasingly intolerant and irritable. I took the half patch off on Monday night but think I still need the extra oestrogen to keep daily headaches away.
Did your gp mention anything about your womb lining with regards to the extra oestrogen?
Thanks 🙂
Nope no mention :)n

PM

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 07:16:27 PM »

Evorel conti only comes on one strength so if you need more oestrogen you can use an evorel 75 patch with a separate progestogen such as utrogeston.

Thanks for the info , I am Speaking to the GP tomorrow . Like your suggestion of the extra half Conti patch too 😁 helpful

PM

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 07:28:33 PM »

Hiya.. I started on Everol Conti patches... worked great for a while then stopped.. What is working currently is... the everol conti patch.. plus a everol 25 patch together..
So patches.. Patches seem to work better for me.. At least SO FAR  :)

Thanks . I would prefer to stick with patches if possible . I’ll see what comes off GP discussion tomorrow.

PM

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2023, 10:21:19 AM »

Hi PM, let us know how you get on with your GP today.

I'm having a similar problem, Evorel50 just doesn't stop me sweating or flushing at all, now I'm on the progesterone part and it seems that the little bit that Evorel50 helps is completely wiped out or countered in some way with Utrogestan. I'm ok with utrogestan so far (only had it two days!) but not sure of an overall improvement from HRT.

I want to take HRT for my bone strength, but it's such a battle and GP ignorance is the worst barrier.
Hi spoke with GP practice / pharmacist yesterday , who now appears to review , advise on HRT . Her advice was not to cut , the EVEROL Conti , not an option as not guaranteed how much of the progesterone would be absorbed, could be over or under as made to release in the full patch over the appropriate days . She advised my options were to add a 25 EVEROL alongside the Conti . I did ask about the potential imbalance of progesterone, she said it was ok as the progesterone dose doesn’t tend to increase only the extra oestrogen is required irrespective of what treatment you are on ?  2nd option .. switch to tablets completely for both .. which I dismissed . Thirdly … EVEROL 50 and the utrogestan tablet . She was not keen I increased the oestrogen with this option initially, advised to take for a month and review , potential for increase however she said may help with these doses as a new regime. Opted to try this , option 3 . However I have spent all day yesterday and again this am trying to source the utrogestan ! As no stock 😩 Have just managed to get one box 😁 Hope it’s that right option ? Didn’t realise there would a withdrawal bleed , does this last indefinitely? Or up to the 6 months ? Time will tell . GP approved the decision with practice pharmacist , she discussed it over .Fingers crossed I made the right choice ! Thanks for chat Poppytoast.

PM

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2023, 11:20:25 AM »

thanks Poppytoast . Yes I thought with separate oestrogen & progesterone doses could be adjusted. I do think I will need EVEROL 75 also , however the pharmacist not happy to give that from the outset 😩 At least being reviewed in a month again , have to phone prior to next prescription. Fab to hear that your BP has reduced , great news . Hoping my settles too 🤞