Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Family death and CBD  (Read 1173 times)

Pauline67

Family death and CBD
« on: May 12, 2023, 10:02:19 AM »

Hello Ladies

Im needing a little advice,  My brother in law died suddenly 2 days ago and as my husband is in total shock im the one thats trying to sort things out.  The problem i have is that my anxiety is in overdrive and im now worrying i cant cope with going to the funeral.  Do you think CBD would help me get through this?  and if so can someone recommend a good one as i dont have time to research them all.  Thank you for your help. xxx

Limpy

Re: Family death and CBD
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 10:22:20 AM »

I can very much understand your wish to get something to take the edge off anxiety.
I have tried CBD - C8D Patches - NEW Advanced Formula 12mg 30PKC8D Patches - NEW Advanced Formula 12mg 30PK from Tower Health   https://www.tower-health.co.uk.
I only tried them at night, they did help me to get some sleep BUT I did have some very vivid dreams. I don't use them any longer however we are all different you may be fine on them.

If you were to try CBD it might be as well to try it  well before the funeral to see how they suit you.
Having seen the other replies to your post, of course I am sorry to hear of your loss.
I hope you both get through this in as peaceful/non fraught manner as possible
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 06:44:08 PM by Limpy »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 10:42:50 AM »

So sorry for your sudden loss .   :hug:  .........

Valium - speak to your GP and ask for something to ease the anxiety surges.  I can understand the suddenness of shock etc.. Do U feel that you have to go into the Service?  Is there any1 who could represent you and your husband ?  Then U could sit quietly until you meet with family/friends at the 'wake'.  It's how I get through.

Valium in small doses: I found 5mg 3 times a day 3 days B4 a funeral a few years back, helped me cope.  For several years I took 5mg the night prior to an event that I was unable to escape, which also helped.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 12:13:09 PM »

So sorry for your loss.
I use CBD gummies,they definitely help with anxiety etc, I get mine from herbal health and H&B

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 12:48:20 PM »

Hello Pauline67

I am sorry for your loss and I completely understand your situation.

I have recently started using CBD Gummies and I do feel they are helping.

Alternatively you might want to ask your GP to prescribe a small amount of Diazepam or other sedative for you at this time of crisis.

Doctor's like to be assured that patients will not abuse these drugs and understand their addictive properties. If you make it clear that you just need a bit of support short term you are likely to be given some tablets. I did this a few years ago before my daughter's wedding and the GP was happy to help.

I hope you get the help you need and sending hugs to you and your family.

K.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 04:21:06 PM »

I would also agree with the short term use of diazepam for something like this. For acute situations it is something the GP is usually willing to prescribe and it would defo help take the edge of how you feel. If you are totally new to drugs like that probably even 2mg tablets would help. They also seem to work quickly, within half an hour or so I feel calmer and last a good 4-5 hours before gradually wearing off. Can't drive with them though.

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 04:21:40 PM »

And what I should have said first, I'm very sorry for your loss x

Pauline67

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 07:10:55 PM »

Thank you all for your replies xxx I will see if I can chat to a doctor tomorrow

Tracy Allgonewrong

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 03:46:40 PM »

So sorry for your loss.
I tried CBD to help with sleep. It depressed me and made me suicidal. It was scary. I think I may be in a very small group where this happens though. But just watch out. I know your post is old, I hope things have improved a bit re anxiety since then.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 06:56:04 PM »

:hug: