Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How many pumps of oestrogel if you've had menopause symptoms for 5+ years  (Read 721 times)

Lily102

Hello all,
I'm trying to work out if oestrogel dose needs to increase as you progress through menopause.

At some times during the month I get very tired and particularly if I do new stuff. Today for example I got exhausted quite quickly looking at airnbn adverts. I was researching on how I'd write my advert and how much I should price the room. Similarly last week I got tired after an hour scrubbing. My physical strength doesn't last long. I'm hoping to work part time as an accountant and also do 1 airbnb room.  I gave myself an extra pump half way during the day and it seemed to make a difference until it wore off. Do other people up their dose sporadically like this and is it a solution to sagging physical and mental energy levels? 
I got symptoms about 6 years ago aged 47 and went on HRT 5 years ago. Fem 2/10 stopped being effective after 4.5 years so I changed to Oestrogel which is a lot better. I take 3 pumps (2 in morning and 1 at night). I also went on 7mg of mitzrapine last November mainly for sleep. I sleep really well now.

HISTORY
Age. 53
Started HRT. Dec  2017 aged 48 so 5 years and few months now.
HRT Treatment Evorel 25(2 month), Fem 2/10 (4.5 years). Oestrogel (2 to 3 pumps) and Utrogestan 100g (since Sep 22)

Oct 22 Symptoms: low energy, low mood, slow brain, apathy, tight breathing

Symptoms 2017: Brain fog, fatigue, low mood, low energy, apathy, awful period cramps for up to 5 hours 1 day during period.

Menopause stage. Think I'm still peri
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:27:58 PM by Lily102 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I have been tired through the darker days.  Years ago it was due to low VitD levels.   Have U had recent VitD/Thyroid function blood tests?

Lily102

CLJK thanks for replying. I take liquid vitamin D and  0.5ml of 2500 IU each day so think I'm ok on that.
I found a great posting from 2019 on the site that I thought I'd copied to paste in here but didn't. I'll try again. It talks about levels through various menopause stages

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Let us know how you get on.

Lily102

Update from me.

I upped to 3 pumps oestrogel on some days and probably average 2.5.

Ive been doing much better. It may have been lack of sunlight despite taking large amount of vitamin D. Also I started a job end of April which also helped. I wasn't happy not working.

I was taking utrogestan (vagina)every 6 weeks for 14 days and got quite most by 8th day. I just started trying 100g every day and 12 days in seems to be doing well.