Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can’t get utrogestan 😞 shall I carry on with Estrogel?  (Read 903 times)

Starshell

Can’t get utrogestan 😞 shall I carry on with Estrogel?
« on: February 18, 2023, 09:56:51 AM »

Hi all
I ordered my Estrogel and utrogestan about a month ago through Lloyds pharmacy direct
Estrogel was delivered but utrogestan is out of stock, I called them yesterday and they said they don’t know when it’s coming back in
I am 51 and think I am still having periods so wanted to ask if it would be safe to just use the Estrogel without the utrogestan for a little while? Hopefully it will come back into stock soon, I don’t really want to try any alternatives and I don’t really have time to go from pharmacy to pharmacy to try and find some (I have checked by phoning a few local pharmacies and they don’t have it anyway)
I am aware my cycle will probably get messed up again, very frustrating when I felt I was actually getting somewhere and starting to feel a bit better but hey Ho

Hope everyone is okay and has a good weekend

Babibell

Re: Can’t get utrogestan 😞 shall I carry on with Estrogel?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 03:36:55 PM »

Sorry no one answered this I’m worried myself as have ran out and they now saying august!

sheila99

Re: Can’t get utrogestan 😞 shall I carry on with Estrogel?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 04:27:02 PM »

Missing one won't do you any long term harm but I'm not sure I'd like to leave it til August. If you have any left according to Newsonhealth but not the BMS you can halve the dose if you use it vaginally. If you have a decent bleed of your own it's *probably* OK (but I'm not a doctor so can't advise).