Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Taking Utrogestan every other day  (Read 3843 times)

Losingtheplot

Re: Taking Utrogestan every other day
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2023, 04:05:16 PM »

Hi Losingtheplot

Im doing ok.

i take 10mg of amitrypline which ive been on about 16mths i take them in the morning and what has helped my anxiety is i take my utro about 3 hrs later as i used to use the utro within 30mins of taking my amitrypline.

Im still taking the utro rectally every morning (obviously after bowel movement) and so far so good (touch wood) im not bleeding either.

im pleased your doing well vaginally. do you take it every night?

is your anxiety manageable? it could be the change in how youve been taking the utro.

my gp has also prescribed me some cyclogest to try xxx

I take Utrogestan on a morning for 12 days so days 15-26 as I use ovestin on a night. My GP is treating me as being peri menopausal due to me being 47 almost 48. I tend to insert the utro
upon waking then take Fluoxetine anti d 1x20mg about 30 mins or so later after breakfast as can't tolerate the fluoxetine on an empty stomach.
I feel my anxiety is more manageable this way it could be due to anti depressants only been taking them for 4 weeks or lions mane capsules I have also started to take either way my anxiety does appear to be more controlled. Hope it continues! I am reluctant to stop any thing I am currently taking inc utrogestan vaginally as this is the best I have felt in a long time.  I am pleased your GP has prescribed Cycolgest hope it helps you if you take it xx 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 04:07:19 PM by Losingtheplot »

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2023, 04:07:52 PM »

I'm so glad your anxiety is more manageable.

I think taking the utro vaginally or rectally does lessen side effects.

i will update you on how i progress.

take care xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2023, 04:26:56 PM »

I'm so glad your anxiety is more manageable.

I think taking the utro vaginally or rectally does lessen side effects.

i will update you on how i progress.

take care xxx

Thank you.

Please do. U take care too xxx

Nellf

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2023, 04:03:27 PM »

Hi all.  I've had to reduce my utrogestan from 200mg orally at night to 100mg at night.  I'm struggling with sleep and wondered of taking it in the morning would be better.  Can't tolerate the 200mg dose and nit sure I want to try it vaginally because I suffer from recurring utis.  It's a struggle for us ladies, just want to feel myself again😊

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2023, 05:50:09 PM »

Hi Nellf,

I'm sorry you're struggling on utrogestan.

I used to take it vaginally in the mornings as I also couldn't tolerate it at night.

Besins state for utrogestan vaginal use (this is for fertility treatment only)

"Utrogestan is normally absorbed within minutes of insertion, however, it is advised that you wait 15 minutes before showering and 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse or swimming."

This is the link the above is from: YOUR GUIDE TO UTROGESTAN - Besins Healthcare

However, this is off licence in the UK and there are other progesterone options that you might like to try.

If you suffer from recurring utis, using the utro vaginally might irritate you xxx

Nellf

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2023, 09:23:53 PM »

Thanks Discogirl.  Is really difficult.  I'll try the 100mg orally in the morning and see how I get on.  Thanks for the link xx

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2023, 02:36:51 AM »

I've just started taking utrogestan vaginally, 1pm yesterday.
My hope was that the side effects of insomnia, depression/anxiety and heartburn would be less than taking it orally.
I think it takes me three weeks to recover from the last time taking utrogestan. The heartburn goes in a few days, insomnia is on most of the days I take it but the mood problem stays with me another week.

13 hours after taking the first one, I woke at 2am wanting a divorce (which I fortunately kept to myself, but his snoring was loud!) and also planning ways I could kill myself. Maybe some irritation down there too? Maybe just a rough dressing gown.

How much of this is reasonable I wonder? I don't mean to put others off, it's just how I've always reacted, if you don't already know this about yourself from the pill then you're probably safe enough to take any old progesterone for hrt as well.

I'm chewing mango, vaping something soothing and sipping somthing even soothier. At some point I'll go back to bed and not sleep until I've had coffee  :'(

It's just not nice lying there wishing I could die and knowing I can't.

My point is I wanted to believe utrogestan doesn't go further than locally if inserted vaginally, however for those who believe other women like myself, I can confirm it has definitely crossed the BBB and is racing around my cranium just as readily as if I'd popped it in my mouth instead of inserting it as far up as it would go.
I've bad heartburn too even though I didn't take it orally. I believe that progesterone opens valves and relaxes tissues in general, so that figures.
So much burping! I forgot how bad the first day had been that way last time.

Edit, by day 4 I was ok! Noone more amazed than I am. Mood is ok, but my joints are very unstable.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 12:00:41 PM by meno-mel »

Nellf

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2023, 11:05:28 AM »

Meno-mel I totally feel your pain.  I had been taking 200mg at night.  I too felt like I wanted a divorce.  I hated myself and the way I looked.  Nothing in my life seemed right.  I'm reducing the dose to 100 and trying that again to see how I feel.  Cried  myself to sleep the other night thinking I couldn't go on .  Been there before while on evorel conti.  I thought utrogestan would be the answer to my prayers.  I don't want to take it vaginally because I get recurrent cystitis.  I can totally empathise with you.  Its a mine field.  Let's hope we can get our balance like and feel like our old self again.  Sending  hugs 😊

Furyan

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2023, 03:52:01 PM »

Hi Nellf,

I'm sorry you're struggling on utrogestan.

I used to take it vaginally in the mornings as I also couldn't tolerate it at night.

Besins state for utrogestan vaginal use (this is for fertility treatment only)

"Utrogestan is normally absorbed within minutes of insertion, however, it is advised that you wait 15 minutes before showering and 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse or swimming."

This is the link the above is from: YOUR GUIDE TO UTROGESTAN - Besins Healthcare

However, this is off licence in the UK and there are other progesterone options that you might like to try.

If you suffer from recurring utis, using the utro vaginally might irritate you xxx

Hi Disco - this is a useful reminder as I’ve had to go down vaginal route for Utro (from last night). Had been taking orally every other day with low dose oestrogen which worked well for a while on that dose. But then increased to every night as upped my oestrogen slightly. Started to get sore breasts, bloating and the most horrendous fatigue and joint pain. Immediately reduced both of them which eased symptoms but some have remained, making me think it’s not so much the Utro as much as the dosage and/or route.

Taking vaginally every other day but I did wonder about the intimacy thing - your post answers this 👍🏽

Given your initial question at the start of this thread, I’ll keep you posted how it goes! x

discogirl

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2023, 05:47:37 PM »

Hi Furyan,

If you're taking the utro vaginally at night, maybe best to use the utro after intimacy.

Yes please, let me know how you get on xxx

Nicola Winter

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2023, 06:59:08 AM »

I'm now on daily desogestrel (mini pill) and uterogestan. I'd like to find a good regime for the utogestan to avoid a bleed, and also keep other unpleasant symptoms of the uterogestan at bay. I wonder what the smallest dose of uterogestan is over each month that I can get away with? I'm trying 100mg orally at night every other day, but I'm getting IBS symptoms from the uterogestan days. Maybe vaginally 100mg every other day 🤔. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »

I'm now on daily desogestrel (mini pill) and uterogestan. I'd like to find a good regime for the utogestan to avoid a bleed, and also keep other unpleasant symptoms of the uterogestan at bay. I wonder what the smallest dose of uterogestan is over each month that I can get away with? I'm trying 100mg orally at night every other day, but I'm getting IBS symptoms from the uterogestan days. Maybe vaginally 100mg every other day 🤔. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
I find that taking utrogestan orally gives me horrendous reflux, then while taking it vaginally still gives me wind and heartburn but it's much better than orally for all side effects, especially mood ones.

Furyan

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2023, 04:12:30 PM »

Been on 100mg vaginal Utrogest every other day since my last post and, so far, noticeable reduction in night palpitations, lower back pain, joint pain and feeling very tense emotionally. With the low dose oestrogen and testosterone I’m taking, I feel more settled than ever, with room for minor tweaks. Bloating still an issue though 🙄

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2023, 04:18:13 PM »

If you're on desogestrel as well then this will be giving you some progestogen to protect the womb, and provided there is no antagonism between desogestrel and utrogestan then every other night vaginally may well work for you re bleeding. I presume you are doing this with sanction from your doc and will consult if abnormal bleeding ?

Hurdity x

discogirl

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »

Im really pleased Furyan.

What dose of estrogen are you on and are you post meno by the way xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3