Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Destructive Behaviour  (Read 573 times)

MazRia

Destructive Behaviour
« on: May 21, 2023, 08:48:55 PM »

Evening ladies

Feeling so low at the moment. Think i am perimenopausal - first question, would a blood test or any other test confirm this?

The other thing is, this weekend i feel i have been so destructive to those around me. I have been constantly nit-picking at my son and have thrown a few snide comments in the direction of my partner and have been offish with my mum. Now, its Sunday evening and am sitting here with my mum and partner and how my behaviour has been has really upset me. I saw my son this evening and gave him a big hug but if they all mull over the comments ive been making the past couple of days it must be really upsetting to them all :(

I dont know who i am at the moment - so tired, lethargic all the time and going around in circles eating the wrong food, a trap i cannot seem to get myself out of. I feel so so sad, upset and alone x

Flossieteacake

Re: Destructive Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 09:15:32 PM »

Hello MazRia. Did you hear back from the Boots DR when you filled out the form you mentioned?

It sounds to me like you could benefit from trying HRT. In peri blood tests are unreliable as your hormones can fluctuate. You sound so sad and lost and I am so sorry to hear this. You are brave for reaching out and making this post.

I would say it would be helpful for you to make an appointment with your GP and tell them your symptoms. HRT is an individual choice but if a low mood is caused by anything hormonal then it would be very helpful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:57:42 AM »

This is probably hormonal, I would be OK for 3 weeks then something would trigger rages.  I would rant and rave; kick doors; throw things [though nothing of value]. 

Eating habits can impact on how our hormones behave.  Print off 'hints for husbands' and hand over.  Sit the family down and explain that you are in The Change: peri are the years leading up to the final period, years when we notice changes in mood, skin, hair condition etc.; if you need extra help around the house/garden, then delegate.

Bindi

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 01:44:47 PM »

Aww mazria dont be to disheartened hun im getting close to the end of hopefully my meno journey  which ive been going thru since my late 40s im now 60..my second born son was always the silent type unless you mucked with his family including me and dad but was ..with me i noticed moving closer to them he become more stand offish ..i couldnt work out why no cuddles no communication  until a family gathering and i overheard him saying i was bi polar..i never relised my quiet son was withholding from me because i had been moody lol..meno is a bitch sry..he wasnt used to me been moody so avoided me ..which hurt because we were close..i did when i called him on the bipolar comment say i was sry its my menopause..we have been ok since we have spoken..so if i can say anything to any of our ladies explain to your familys..its taken 2 and a half yrs ive lost with my son ..because he didnt wont to confront his mum beecause he didnt want to disrespect me..its wrong and sad