Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Very pleasant surprise 😍  (Read 762 times)

flossie fiddler

Very pleasant surprise 😍
« on: May 20, 2023, 07:53:26 AM »

After 6 years on HRT, I came off in Nov 2019. The weight piled on (I’ve always been around the 10 to 10st 5lb mark).  Just assumed it was lockdown lard and no amount of dieting would shift t the 2st I had put on over the last 2.5 years. Went back on HRT in August last year, but due to bleeding on Evorel Conti, I switched to Evorel 50 with 100mg Utrogestan in a continuous regime. Started this on 13th December, when I weighed 12st 7lbs. Got weighed today for the first time in a while and I weigh 11st 7lb! Last time I was that weight was Sept 2020. I have lost a stone in 5 months without trying.

What a great boost that’s given me 🤘

Kathleen

Re: Very pleasant surprise 😍
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 09:29:52 AM »

Hello ladies.

Flossie fiddler -  well done on your recent weight loss. Many ladies on the forum find that HRT impacts their weight but I am one of those for whom being on or off HRT makes no difference and my weight has remained constant.  I assume weight issues are another aspect of the meno and HRT that varies from person to person. I wonder if lifestyle changes we make alongside HRT also helps? Perhaps if you were snacking during the evening but now don't eat after 8pm you are consuming fewer calories?

Take care.

K.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 12:06:24 PM »

That is great news Flossie! I am happy for you. :)

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 01:06:11 PM »

I think it’s a whole host of things. I feel better, moving more as all joint pain has gone, plus I did tend to have a milky drink and a biscuit or similar at bedtime. I was always eating, and seemed to be craving all the time. Nowadays, I barely think about food, and am only reminded it’s time to eat when my tummy grumbles.

Have also had a stressful 6 months. Mum in law passed away just before Xmas, right in the middle of us renovating several rooms in our house, and we’re only just now finishing the work. Also our cat had to have her tail amputated a month ago, and hubby has just done jury service, a difficult case involving child rape, and although he couldn’t talk about it until it was over, it really affected him, and me once he could talk about it.

I’m normally a stress eater, but through all of this I lost my appetite, so that’s all had a massive impact.

Flossie fiddler -  well done on your recent weight loss. Many ladies on the forum find that HRT impacts their weight but I am one of those for whom being on or off HRT makes no difference and my weight has remained constant.  I assume weight issues are another aspect of the meno and HRT that varies from person to person. I wonder if lifestyle changes we make alongside HRT also helps? Perhaps if you were snacking during the evening but now don't eat after 8pm you are consuming fewer calories?

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 01:45:54 PM »

As an aside I don't believe in Jury Service  >:( - your OH should be getting support offered via the Trial Judge. 

Now that we have less rain, U should be able to get out and about more.  Enjoy your walks ;-)