Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Going mad ?  (Read 479 times)

Wtaf

• First Flush
Going mad ?
« on: May 18, 2023, 07:43:09 PM »

Hi all, finally found somewhere to ask questions  :) I was using estradot patch and two weeks on /2 weeks off utrogestan for approx the last 6 months ( 43 and sent into menopause after trauma) I began to notice a link between my moods in particular really dark/low mood that would start 5/6 days into the utrogestan cycle ?? Anyone had any experience of this , this time round things where so bad I really thought I was losing my mind,  called the Gp and they have put me on a combined patch, so I will be getting the same dose of both hormones every day , this is all relatively new to me , I've never suffered with such depression before 😢 please someone tell me it's either normal or will at least get better 🤞

Flossieteacake

Re: Going mad ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 07:49:18 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. No, you are not going mad. :) Ultrogestan is well known for causing anxiety and low mood and sadly many women are unable to tolerate it. I hope the combined patch works better for you.

If you wish to, you can pop 'ultrogestan' into the search bar and you will find many threads were members had the same reaction as you.

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 07:56:28 PM »

Hiya wtaf (great name)

Welcome to the forum. You will find so much info and support on here.

Your posts name echoes my own first list on here. I genuinely felt I was going mad. Have learnt so much on here.

Peri and meno can have so many symptoms that seem to vary so much as well.  Peri hormones can really mess with pms too. Unfortunately mood swings and depression are quite common. 
Personally I could not tolerate utrogestan, so I cannot advise on this - I just wanted to reassure you that these scary moods can be common with the huge hormonal changes.

. You are not alone in feeling like this.

I am using increased patches to combat my worse symptoms, but I know others will be able to advise you who are on the same regime as yourself and what they do to help.

Wish you well

Wtaf

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 09:16:46 PM »

Thank you,  it's actually so shocking how utrogestan has made me feel, thank you both for the pointers,still finding my way around the site ...well the name says it all really , I actually believed by this age all my ducks would be in a row and I would know exactly what I'm doing then along comes this stage , I'm either crying, depressed or laughing hysterically

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 09:27:50 PM »

:welcomemm:  You sound 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting.  The Change - does what it says on the tin.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Browse round. make notes.  Nowt is taboo on here. 

Madge79

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 05:23:34 AM »

Hey, sorry to hear you are suffering.
I don’t tolerate utrogestan well whatsoever, but I stuck with it and found that once my oestrogen levels built up it wasn’t so bad. I assume that higher oestrogen counteracted the utrogestan and balances out better. I also use is vaginally which was a total game changer for me and improved my side effects by 80%.
Hope you are ok 🤞😀