Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Switching from contraceptive pill to hrt  (Read 492 times)

Koala82

• First Flush
Switching from contraceptive pill to hrt
« on: May 18, 2023, 09:42:27 AM »

Hi everyone. New here, early menopause sufferer. I’m 41 and my meno symptoms are brain fog, poor memory, restless leg syndrome, thinning hair, vaginal atrophy, low libido and difficulty becoming aroused.

My gynaecologist is switching me from the combined pill to everol sequi patches shortly. I already use Estriol cream.

I’d be interested to hear the experiences of others who have switched from the contraceptive pill to HRT. I’m really hoping it’s going to improve things for me but don’t want to get my hopes up.

Flossieteacake

Re: Switching from contraceptive pill to hrt
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 10:08:29 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you use the pill for contraception then I hope they have given you an alternative. It is good to hear you have some Estriol cream for the vaginal atrophy. You may like to buy a vaginal moisturiser as well to help with dryness. I use Yes and find that gentle.

Many women on the forum are on Evorel sequi so you could put that in the search bar and have a read of the threads that come up.

It is lovely to have you here. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish to. :)