News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleed  (Read 1321 times)

Nik2502

Bleed
« on: May 18, 2023, 07:23:53 AM »

Hi ladies

Last Sunday i started a period after 3 years. I’ve never bled so heavily. The GP has referred me to gynae under the 2 week wait pathway and have an appointment next Wednesday. Been on continuous HRT for 4 years with no change.

I’m absolutely terrified. I can’t stop worrying that im going to die. My health anxiety is horrific. It’s all I can think about.

I just really needed to share and get my feelings off my chest.

Thank you
Nicola

Flossieteacake

Re: Bleed
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 08:19:55 AM »

Hello Nicola. I am so sorry you are feeling so anxious. Having a bleed does not mean you are going to die. Women can bleed for all sorts of reasons such as the womb lining being a little thicker. It is great you are going to have a scan as it will put your mind at rest. I understand the wait will be a horrible time for you but please do not think this is going to mean you will die. The GP is just following standard procedure. It could just mean you need a little more progesterone. Hopefully that will be all.

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 08:31:22 AM »

Thank you Flossie.
I’ve severe health anxiety following sepsis and a week in ITU five years ago.
I google everything until I actually make myself manifest the symptoms 😰
I just can’t help thinking so negatively. My poor husband is at the end of his tether - he’s the total opposite of me - super positive! He says we’ll deal with whatever the outcome is and I know he’s right deep down but it doesn’t lessen the anxiety x

Stella2

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 08:40:16 AM »

Hi Nicola,
I feel for you. I also have health anxiety and found it so difficult each time I had a bleed. It happened twice since on HRT and once before that. Each time I had a scan and nothing was found. As Flossie said there are so many reasons for bleeding, please don't think it's something very bad. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 09:27:33 AM »

Thank you Flossie.
I’ve severe health anxiety following sepsis and a week in ITU five years ago.
I google everything until I actually make myself manifest the symptoms 😰
I just can’t help thinking so negatively. My poor husband is at the end of his tether - he’s the total opposite of me - super positive! He says we’ll deal with whatever the outcome is and I know he’s right deep down but it doesn’t lessen the anxiety x

I know it is hard but please try to never google any health symptoms. Google always seems to point to the worst possible cause. If you google you have a headache you can be sure it will come up with a brain tumour.

You had such a bad experience so I can fully understand why that has lead to you developing health anxiety. Have you ever had any therapy for your health anxiety?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 12:58:06 PM »

As the others have said, please try not to worry. I have been bleeding sporadically for a while now, age 61 on evorel conti. I am also on the 2 week pathway (still waiting after 3.5 weeks!) . This has happened to me before and nothing serious was found. When I went to the drs a few weeks ago he said this often happens to women who are on continuous HRT. Try and think positive thoughts and good luck.

Nik2502

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 04:26:43 PM »

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your kind words.
Yes I’ve had trauma counselling over my health anxiety but it hasn’t really helped.
I’ve been really stressed recently and run down, also had a small skin surgery.
This just seems like the final straw.
I’ll let you know how I get on x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2023, 04:34:43 PM »

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your kind words.
Yes I’ve had trauma counselling over my health anxiety but it hasn’t really helped.
I’ve been really stressed recently and run down, also had a small skin surgery.
This just seems like the final straw.
I’ll let you know how I get on x

Just to let you know, it can take several bouts of therapy for it to help. You have such a lot going on so no wonder you are feeling anxious. It sounds like you need to have some restful days and be gentle with yourself. I hope the skin surgery went okay and you can rest this evening.

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 04:35:47 PM »

No advice re the bleeding but, as a fellow health anxiety sufferer, please stop googling. I mean completely stop. It will be hard, incredibly hard at first, but it ends up being compulsive behaviour and creates a feedback loop where you just need to keep doing it and dont feel any better. Set yourself a time to delay the googling if you need to at first. Leave your phone/ laptop in a different part of the house. Pick up the phone and call someone instead. I guarantee you that it will become easier over time not to do when you break the habit. And that little bit of distance you create will help stop you hyper focusing. As others have said there are many reasons women bleeding but Google will always end up showing you the worst case scenario.
Hugs, I know health scares are really scary but chances are you'll be fine  and it'll be something explainable and simple x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 04:36:48 PM »

No advice re the bleeding but, as a fellow health anxiety sufferer, please stop googling. I mean completely stop. It will be hard, incredibly hard at first, but it ends up being compulsive behaviour and creates a feedback loop where you just need to keep doing it and dont feel any better. Set yourself a time to delay the googling if you need to at first. Leave your phone/ laptop in a different part of the house. Pick up the phone and call someone instead. I guarantee you that it will become easier over time not to do when you break the habit. And that little bit of distance you create will help stop you hyper focusing. As others have said there are many reasons women bleeding but Google will always end up showing you the worst case scenario.
Hugs, I know health scares are really scary but chances are you'll be fine  and it'll be something explainable and simple x

This is such good advice Penguin.

Nik2502

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 06:54:54 PM »

Thanks Penguin. I know you’re right I just find it so hard. It’s like a compulsion x

SarahT

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 07:50:21 PM »

Penguin, such good advice.
We've all done it and I know I have worried myself something stupid after convincing myself the worse.

I no longer Google health stuff. Lot more sense and experience and like your post, wise words to be found on this forum. X