Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice on provera  (Read 407 times)

Jan1234

Advice on provera
« on: May 18, 2023, 09:38:29 AM »

Hi all im  59 and post menapause and on hrt conti patches i started these patches in march after changing from kliofem. So far since starting the patches im having a heavy period every 3 weeks going stick it out as i kniw it can take up to 6 months ti settle anyhow im going on holiday abroad monday and i been in agony for 2 days and know im going have a period so seen my gp 2day and asked her for something that can stop it shes given me 10 days provera and said well really you should start them a few days before period is due but because im just bleeding whenever to start them soon as i start to spot but cant, ta ke them for more than 10 days., i really dont kniw what to do the way i feel i def be on by  2mrw not flying till Monday and away for 8 days does any one knkw if thes will work for stopping a period once i have started bleeding as i would like to take them for thw full length that im away as she said soon as i stop them i will have a bleed any advice on this please be very grateful been so looking forward to this holiday and now im down in the dumps and be worried all the time im going come through my clothes