Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I hope it gets better than this  (Read 496 times)

Tribbins

I hope it gets better than this
« on: May 18, 2023, 09:53:55 AM »

Hi all
I started Evorel 25 two weeks ago, and I don't care what anyone says, a very low dose can still have quite dramatic effects! Having had an awful experience with Sequi during peri, I decided to start on a quarter patch and work up, with varying effects, mostly not good but definitely felt more motivated. Got up to a full patch start of this week, felt really tired and had hot flushes on second day of full patch, plus worse tinnitus. However, felt pretty normal yesterday so thought I had better start the Utrogestan 100. Having read so many posts on here and having had so many side effects just building up to a low oestrogen dosage, I thought I would a. use it vaginally and b. start a lower dose and build up, same as oestrogen. I ****ed it and squeezed a bit out, then shoved it up and went to sleep. Woke at 2.30am feeling very warm. Went back to sleep. Had some amazingly crazy dreams. Woke feeling groggy, feels like my head wants to have a migraine, just feel zonked out. I hope this gets better, I really do, as I have to work later today. I'm prepared to give it a couple of weeks but if no improvement I will have to knock this sh*t on the head. I'm prepared to accept some start-up side-effects, and that I am extremely sensitive to meds and hormones, so can someone please tell me that it gets better.

Flossieteacake

Re: I hope it gets better than this
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 10:11:50 AM »

I really feel for you as I know what it is like to be sensitive to medications. It can take time to get used to Ultrogestan and hopefully your body will get used to it. It is so positive you are able to take the Evorel 25 now. You did really well to increase it slowly to get your body used to it.

Tribbins

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 10:23:36 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake

What sort of evolutionary madness is it when we can't tolerate the chemicals produced by our own bodies? And can't function without them? My head feels like it's been put through the mangle today. Sedated, bit off balance, high pitched whistling and increasingly migrainy. And I didn't even use the whole capsule.... !

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 10:24:51 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake

What sort of evolutionary madness is it when we can't tolerate the chemicals produced by our own bodies? And can't function without them? My head feels like it's been put through the mangle today. Sedated, bit off balance, high pitched whistling and increasingly migrainy. And I didn't even use the whole capsule.... !

It is very unfair. Is it possible for you to have time off work while your body adjusts? I understand that will not be easy but it sounds like you need to take things easy right now.

Tribbins

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 11:52:38 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake, I have a minimal amount to do today and tomorrow, but do have to drive today which I'm going to be very careful about. Then off until next Tuesday. I work mostly from home and very lucky that most of my work colleagues are mature women. This horrible feeling doesn't seem to be wearing off, which I hoped it would :(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 12:45:08 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake, I have a minimal amount to do today and tomorrow, but do have to drive today which I'm going to be very careful about. Then off until next Tuesday. I work mostly from home and very lucky that most of my work colleagues are mature women. This horrible feeling doesn't seem to be wearing off, which I hoped it would :(

It may take you a little longer as you are sensitive to medication and any medication changes but hopefully it will pass soon. I hope work goes okay. I am pleased to hear your work colleagues are understanding.