Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help  (Read 544 times)

Suzy blue

Help
« on: May 17, 2023, 04:54:18 PM »

Can anyone tell me what year estrogel became available on the NHS in Scotland? I've tried googling but can't seem to find the answer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 05:58:15 PM »

Why?  :-\

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 06:20:01 PM »

This is the only information I could find but I suspect it is not what you are looking for. Perhaps you could email BMS and ask.

https://thebms.org.uk/news/british-menopause-society-update-on-hrt-supply/

Suzy blue

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 06:35:39 PM »

Thanks. I thought someone might know how long it's been available as my GP had told me there was no hope in hell getting it prescribed on the NHS in Scotland. I'm currently trying to write a letter to complain to the practice manager and it would be good to know roughly how long it has been available on NHS prescription in Scotland.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 06:37:11 PM »

Thanks. I thought someone might know how long it's been available as my GP had told me there was no hope in hell getting it prescribed on the NHS in Scotland. I'm currently trying to write a letter to complain to the practice manager and it would be good to know roughly how long it has been available on NHS prescription in Scotland.

In that case, I would think an email from the BMS would help your case. They will be the best people to confirm it is available in Scotland. Good luck. I really hope you can get it.

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 07:12:57 PM »

Hi Suzy blue,

There are some posts about obtaining Oestrogel in Scotland here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45018.0.html?PHPSESSID=ijo6iiat7lfgrp65o7a936vjq6

Suzy blue

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 08:08:30 PM »

Thanks for the help and the links I'm not trying to get it just now I'm just trying to find out what year it became available in Scotland. I'll try asking BMS I should have worder it better. I'm never going to get it from my GP anyway I have to pay for all my hrt on private prescription. There's probably no point even complaining about the GP again as they really don't seem to care about me anymore.