Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel  (Read 579 times)

discogirl

Oestrogel
« on: May 17, 2023, 05:42:07 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm on oestrogel and to be honest my sleep has been good.

I started a new canister yesterday, this canister doesn't have a green cap, it has a white cap with a tag thingy that you have to pull to start using the canister and the top pump dispenser bit is smaller than the ones I've been using.

I thought nothing about it, I applied my 3 pumps of gel from the new canister on Saturday, by the Monday morning I'd started having a bleed and then last night, well I had the worst night sleep since I started on hrt way back last August; I only got about 1 or 2 hours.

Since my sleep has been fine, I was wondering, as when I was using the new gel canister it seems to dispense a smaller dose of gel. I know Besins will say that the dosage per pump is the same, but when I use it, it does seem to dispense a smaller dose and also the insomnia last night was like going back to the start again.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced any of this whilst using this new gel canister in particular.

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 12:53:45 PM »

Hi Besins announced a few months ago that they would be producing Oestrogel in two shapes of canisters to try and keep up with demand. 

"OESTROGEL (estradiol (0.06% w/w)) Pump-pack

This product is in stock. Note there are two pack shapes now available in the UK. One is a conical shaped bottle with a blue lid and the other is a cylindrical bottle with a white lid. It is only the pack that is different and the formulation of the product remains the same."

As you say, they have said that the gel is identical in both.

Sorry , I can't be of much more help x

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 01:28:45 PM »

yes i read that too dotty.

it maybe nothing to do with the gel however i have a couple of old canisters left and i am using those just to see.

have you used the one where you pull tbe tag thingy out before you can use it. the dose per pump seems less

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 01:57:26 PM »

Hi no I haven’t had any of the “new” canisters yet.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 02:02:01 PM »

ah thats all tbeyre giving out up here xx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 02:33:19 PM »

I’ve had issues between different bottles of oestrogel before and was shouted down on here. Yes they’re both supposed to be the same but there is a difference and if you’re sensitive to small changes you feel it. So what you’re feeling is likely down to the change is bottle x

Gnatty

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »

I think that if you notice a change then maybe you could try adding in an extra half pump to see if that sorts it out. Have you changed anything else that you can think of, eg doing a lot more exercise or lost weight? Both of these can mean we need a bit more oestrogen x

Katherine

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 02:38:38 PM »

Hi disco, It's great to hear that your sleep improved for a while. I'm sure that will return. I go through phases of good and bad sleep, at the moment I'm tired all the time. I've used both type of bottles of gel and noticed no difference between them. x
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 02:40:42 PM by Katherine »

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 02:49:25 PM »

hi katherine

i hope your okay.

im sure you're right.

its just this wasnt like my usual night of a bad sleep it felt just like i did at the beginni g. lying there for hours and hours and getting about one or two hours sleep.

how are things with you by the way xx