Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hot flush and dizziness  (Read 509 times)

Mummytron

Hot flush and dizziness
« on: June 04, 2023, 12:16:16 PM »

Hi all,
I'm 47 and started peri at 39. I've had numerous symptoms over the years and it seemed to have settled down a bit. I tried hrt and didn't get on with it at the time.
Anyway, I had a period this week after a 2 month gap (they are a few months apart now) and I've been feeling really dizzy. I just had a horrible moment of being dizzy, shaky then hot so I assume a hot flush. I really felt like I could pass out, but didn't.
Not sure how I'll manage at work like this.
Does this sound like a hot flush?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hot flush and dizziness
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 12:47:25 PM »

Yep.  How long is a piece of string, flushes can appear in various shapes and forms.  Keeping hydrated is important.  Does your Company have a menopause policy of support? 

I get a floaty feeling sometimes due to a trapped nerve in my neck, enough to make me go 'OH!' but not enough to discuss with the GP.  Usually when I move suddenly!

Mummytron

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 12:58:49 PM »

Yes, I work in a school but we are very short staffed so not sure what I can get out of it. I'll certainly ask.
Interestingly I have inflammatory arthritis in my neck which isn't helping, but these hot flushes are like a sugar drop, if that makes sense?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 04:03:40 PM »

Yep.  How is your diet overall?  MayB eating little and often will help, it certainly eased some of my sudden nausea symptoms.  I would know where every bin was in every shop on an 'in case' basis - though never needed them  :-\