Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan shortage  (Read 2702 times)

Beaker

Re: Utrogestan shortage
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2023, 03:41:28 PM »

Agreed Beaker. Men wouldn’t stand for it  >:(
I haven’t been able to get utrogestan for 4 months. Blimey, I’ve been stalking lots of the chemists here in Ayrshire with no luck  :(

hi songbird

sorry to cut in

can i ask if you havent been able to get utro for 4 months what are you doing for your progesterone part of your HRT?

sorry to ask such a direct question.

thanks xx

Personally, I had to reduce my Utrogestan dose to every other night instead of every night. However, I hasten to add, this is based on no scientific evidence whatsoever and is not advised (as far as I know).  I didn't have any bleeding during the few months I used it in this way. There was a thread "Alternate day dosing of Utrogestan" on this forum (years ago). I dug it out and read it and that's where I got the idea to use it every other day until I managed to get a supply.

Some of the problem is that prescription amounts are unequal - for instance my sister gets 6 month prescriptions for HRT and I can only get 3 month prescriptions where I live.  This means that women with 6 month prescriptions eat up all the supplies more quickly.  If everybody was given just 3 month prescriptions the pharmacists might be able to provide for everybody.  I have found a brilliant pharmacist who insists on giving every woman just one pack of Utrogestan at a time, regardless of whether they have prescriptions for 3 or 6 months. I think that this is really fair and although it's inconvenient to have to keep going back every month, at least everybody is kept safe. 

Crumble2018

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2023, 04:15:11 PM »

I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I only started HRT a couple of months ago, and now it looks like I won’t be able to get it again. I can’t cope with the anxiety of “will I or won’t I be able to get it”, so it’s back to no sleep again.  I don’t get how this can happen in the modern world. It really should be quiet simple. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Songbird

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2023, 04:25:40 PM »

I haven’t been able to get utrogestan for 4 months. Blimey, I’ve been stalking lots of the chemists here in Ayrshire with no luck  :(

hi songbird

sorry to cut in

can i ask if you havent been able to get utro for 4 months what are you doing for your progesterone part of your HRT?

thanks xx

Sorry Disco. I just noticed your question  :o……..I have been using provera. Funnily enough, I just got a phone call today from the pharmacist saying they had just received some utrogestan. 3 months worth has been popped aside for me…
If I’m being honest, I didn’t really feel any difference being on provera. My biggest worry was…..
Would I suffer from insomnia again, changing from utrogestan to provera but, nope, no issues..

Crumble2018

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 04:44:52 PM »

hi songbird

sorry to cut in

thanks xx

Sorry Disco. I just noticed your question  :o……..I have been using provera. Funnily enough, I just got a phone call today from the pharmacist saying they had just received some utrogestan. 3 months worth has been popped aside for me…
If I’m being honest, I didn’t really feel any difference being on provera. My biggest worry was…..
Would I suffer from insomnia again, changing from utrogestan to provera but, nope, no issues..

My main issue is the slightly increased breast cancer risk (family history)

Stella2

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2023, 06:06:51 PM »

My pharmacy just received Utrogestan, it seems it's back in stock!

discogirl

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 06:08:14 PM »

Hi Songbird,

Thanks for clarifying that.

I really thought I had my insomnia fixed. My sleep was getting great full 8 hours, I had started taking utrogestan vaginally, but in the mornings. Then last night, I lay awake for literally hours. I only got 2 hours sleep!!! unbelieveable.

I really do not know where to go from here. The only thing I've done different is start one them new gel canisters. The dosage does seem a little less, that's the only thing I can think of.

I'm glad the provera was good for you as well xx

Tynkabelle

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2023, 07:38:03 PM »

Just seen this on Sky news ….

Utrogestan: HRT pill for menopause limited to two month prescriptions as supplier struggles with demand

https://news.sky.com/story/utrogestan-hrt-pill-for-menopause-limited-to-two-month-prescriptions-as-supplier-struggles-with-demand-12884626

This does not bode well - ok it says it’s a temporary measure - we shall see …

DottyD68

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2023, 08:32:57 AM »

I live in Wales and although our prescriptions are "free" I only get one month's prescription at a time. I didn't realise that elsewhere people could get 3 or 6 month's supply.

I know there is a big problem with prescription wastage. I have a pile of patches that I didn't get on with provided through various sources (prescription, friends who couldn't use them) and they can't be returned to the pharmacy which is such a waste. As inconvenient as it is to only be prescribed one or two month's worth at a time it seems a sensible option to help us get through this supply blip. I'm sure there are lots of people with boxes of unused utrogestan sitting in their beside drawer that they won't use.

My local pharmacist said that there are far more people getting prescribed HRT now than before and this must be contributing to the supply/demand.

Teresa

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2023, 09:09:44 AM »

I managed to get my prescription yesterday of 3 boxes at my a pharmacy - I’m in S E Essex.

X

Jenna

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2023, 10:01:15 AM »

Utrogestan in the news today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65655050

Emzib0b

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 08:18:30 AM »

Just had an email from Pharmacy2U to inform me that as they have not been able to get a delivery date from their suppliers they have cancelled Utrogestan from my prescription.

They have contacted my surgery and requested for an alternative to be issued. Like many of you, I can’t tolerate synthetic progesterones.

Edit: One of the Lloyds Pharmacies in my area has some in stock. My GP surgery is going to send a prescription over to them.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:30:06 AM by Emzib0b »

Emzib0b

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2023, 08:37:05 AM »

I get my prescription meds from Pharmacy2U and had an email today to inform me it was out of stock and should be delivered in 14-16 working days.
When I went on there, they wanted to communicate with my GP surgery, and I don't want them to, I only wanted to buy a packet of utrogestan, what am I doing wrong? and how do I bypass that thing where they contact your GP surgery?

Sorry, Dandelion, I missed your post. Have you managed to get hold of any Utrogestan from anywhere?

Dandelion

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2023, 09:31:24 AM »

I get my prescription meds from Pharmacy2U and had an email today to inform me it was out of stock and should be delivered in 14-16 working days.
When I went on there, they wanted to communicate with my GP surgery, and I don't want them to, I only wanted to buy a packet of utrogestan, what am I doing wrong? and how do I bypass that thing where they contact your GP surgery?

Sorry, Dandelion, I missed your post. Have you managed to get hold of any Utrogestan from anywhere?
I just put my order in with my chemist yesterday, so I expect a text soon.

Tora

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2023, 10:35:31 AM »

I’ve struggled to get 100mg Utrogestan for the last few months, I’m in London. I’ve bought 200mg capsules that are pessaries usually used for IVF, the pharmacist said I can take them orally, does anybody know if this is correct please?
Pages: 1 [2]