Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pms symptoms worse  (Read 1373 times)

SarahT

Pms symptoms worse
« on: May 13, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »

Totally fed up with it all now. Had enough.
Increased patches to 100 to try to suppress my cycle, as pmdd began to wreck havoc. My mood swings are very much cyclical so g.p suggested this regime. I have only been on the increase for 4 weeks but the pms kicked in a few days ago and is the worse I have had since beginning hrt. Huge.and very tender boobs, cramps and just feel Crap again.
I noticed a better change in both physical and mental health the last couple of weeks and now feel really hit back down again.

Could the worse.pms be because I have increased the hrt??
Am so fed up with all this. I am 56 and had 43 years of pms and now peri seems a hundred times worse. My cycle shows now sign of stopping. No erratic periods for me. Every 4 weeks without fail. It seems relentless. Endless.

Anyone else have this?

SarahT

Re: Pms symptoms worse
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 06:48:22 PM »

Hi Poppytoast,

Well I started on 50 patch, then hoped to 75 but pms turned into pmdd symptoms. As my g.p agreed my own cycle was causing these seriously bad mood symptoms, we went to 100 patch in a bid to suppress my own cycles, to even out the extreme cyclical mood swings.
And it seemed to be doing ok, in that the last couple of weeks.my moods and especially physical symptoms were improving.

I started hrt with utrogestan,  but couldnt hack it. Had mirena coil fitted last October which seems a great option for me, as it also stops bleeds each month.. The visible sign of periods was very depressing for me.

My moods are 100% cyclical in their severity. But now this month the pms physical symptoms are back with a vengeance.

I know we all.seem to have to swop symptoms in a way, you know, relieve one and something else takes its place.. But I just feel worn out with it all. It just seems it's never going to end.

Thanks for getting back. I'm just overwhelmed having a couple of better weeks only to be knocked back yet again. Any  improvement seems to be badly balanced by yet another symptom taking its place. Again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 06:50:31 PM »

It may be that you need to reduce the increased dose prior to this part of your cycle?  Which may be over riding your hormones.  Knock backs are often worse than the original causation  >:( - this too will pass.

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 07:04:57 PM »

Thanks. I have only been on the 100 dose for a.month and have a review with my (peri\meno friendly g.p)

I am making some notes for when I speak with her again. The reduction prior to my Crap week will be something to discuss.  I shall ask. Thanks.

So hard as so was feeling an improvement. I know it will pass, but when it hits, it hits me hard and pulls me down.

I have been struggling all along on being this age (not bothered on my age at all ) but just because I watch all my friends who don't  to give any of this hormone Crap a thought and haven't done for up to  ten  years now,  whilst am still no where even near  meno stage. Not one woman  in my circle who I speak to about hormone stuff  had any symptoms other than hot flushes and brain fog. Sound bitter? I am.  Some days it's just too much.

ToriiJ

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 07:43:34 PM »

Oh Sarah I’m so sorry to hear you are feeling so crap again. I wish I could help but all I can say is I totally know how you are feeling.

A while back I was feeling bad and increased my oestrogen, I was on a 75 patch plus a pump of oestrogel which equates to a 100 patch, I was doing this as I was desperate to feel better but after a week of doing this I felt even worse and the depression lasted for over 2 weeks, I truly thought this was it, I was never going to feel better. I think I may have overdosed on the oestrogen so I just went down to one pump of the gel (equivalent to 25 patch) and I started to feel better. I’m now on 2 pumps and as you know, I still get the severe dip monthly so still trying to work out what to do.

Maybe you are having too much oestrogen? This is all so confusing and I feel for you so much. I know that feeling of this is just too much, you really are not alone and you will get through this. Take care and thinking of you xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 07:53:34 PM »

We R all different.  MayB these women had flushes but had 4gotten about the effects?  We need to stop comparing .........

Crap covers it !

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 08:15:13 PM »

Thanks Tori,

I know sadly you understand this with your own similar problems too. I know on the increase to 100 I definitely felt better. Joint pain had improved, my moods were not so bad, and I just felt better in general, happier.

But I knew that my week when my cycle was at the period stage that I would dip. Like you,I expected it to be the bad mood swings. Well that happened, just not as severe as the last two months,which were very scary in their severity. Terrifying really.

It's just now the bloody pms is back. And so feel Like I have gone backwards.

Maybe in a few days I can be grateful the moods were not dangerous like before, and that I feel other symptoms improve or at least don't get worse.
Maybe I just have to give the increased dose more time to settle.

Although CLKD had a good suggestion, now I am scared that if I reduce the dose down again then the cyclical  moods will come back as bad as they were. I had to seek help as I had such scary thoughts. So I guess I need to give it more time and wait for this  part of my cycle to finish. If it's a choice between pms on high dose of the pmdd on a lower dose then there is no option. I carry on as.my mental health needs the most support.
I think you may remember my g.p said there is an option to have anti anxiety drugs in my luteal phase, so again, I do have a back up.

I just need to ride this out and give it more time... Just sometimes, as you know, it can just get too much. A bad few days.

Thanks Tori, appreciate you being in touch when I know it's tough for you too. Xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 08:20:42 PM »

Totally fed up with it all now. Had enough.
Increased patches to 100 to try to suppress my cycle, as pmdd began to wreck havoc. My mood swings are very much cyclical so g.p suggested this regime. I have only been on the increase for 4 weeks but the pms kicked in a few days ago and is the worse I have had since beginning hrt. Huge.and very tender boobs, cramps and just feel Crap again.
I noticed a better change in both physical and mental health the last couple of weeks and now feel really hit back down again.

Could the worse.pms be because I have increased the hrt??
Am so fed up with all this. I am 56 and had 43 years of pms and now peri seems a hundred times worse. My cycle shows now sign of stopping. No erratic periods for me. Every 4 weeks without fail. It seems relentless. Endless.

Anyone else have this?

Hey hunni bloody hell its about time someone gave you a break. I just feel for you soooo much this is just so unfair for you!!! Your periods surely have to stop soon!!! Hang in there my lovely. I can't advise re the increase in HRT sorry as I am new to all this.
Just want to give you some love and the biggest hug hunni as I know how tough you have it every month. Xxxx

SarahT

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 08:25:40 PM »

Thanks my sweet.

Just some days....well you know how it is yourself. I will certainly take both your hug and the love.. Always the same back to you.

Off to have a gentle (sore boobs :'( cuddle with my man. Take care xx

Nas

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 09:18:47 PM »

Hey lovely Sarah,
Just sending you a ton of love and chocolate. It’s my birthday so I’m giving you a box of my favourites 🍫🍫🍫💝🍫💝

Eventually this hormonal shite will stop. Then you can work out the next step.

No words of advice but nature should be giving you a break soon!
🌸🌸 xx

SarahT

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 03:56:25 AM »

Ooh Nas

You know the way to my heart! A belated but much meant Happy Birthday to you.

Hope you had a much deserved special day..

Think our rollercoaster has no breaks fitted.... ;D

Xxxx

ToriiJ

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 07:10:34 AM »

Thanks Tori,

I know sadly you understand this with your own similar problems too. I know on the increase to 100 I definitely felt better. Joint pain had improved, my moods were not so bad, and I just felt better in general, happier.

But I knew that my week when my cycle was at the period stage that I would dip. Like you,I expected it to be the bad mood swings. Well that happened, just not as severe as the last two months,which were very scary in their severity. Terrifying really.

It's just now the bloody pms is back. And so feel Like I have gone backwards.

Maybe in a few days I can be grateful the moods were not dangerous like before, and that I feel other symptoms improve or at least don't get worse.
Maybe I just have to give the increased dose more time to settle.

Although CLKD had a good suggestion, now I am scared that if I reduce the dose down again then the cyclical  moods will come back as bad as they were. I had to seek help as I had such scary thoughts. So I guess I need to give it more time and wait for this  part of my cycle to finish. If it's a choice between pms on high dose of the pmdd on a lower dose then there is no option. I carry on as.my mental health needs the most support.
I think you may remember my g.p said there is an option to have anti anxiety drugs in my luteal phase, so again, I do have a back up.

I just need to ride this out and give it more time... Just sometimes, as you know, it can just get too much. A bad few days.

Thanks Tori, appreciate you being in touch when I know it's tough for you too. Xx

Hi Sarah, you’re right in that I think you need to ride it out, it’s just so unfair that it can take months for it to settle when we want it to settle now! Yes PMS better than PMDD although unfair that you should have to put up with either  :(

To give you hope, I had a better day yesterday so hopefully my bad spell is passing but we’ll see and yours will as you know, just hard to see it when you’re in the thick of it.

Your man sounds lovely. Take all the cuddles you can and sending a big hug to you from me xx

Nas

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 08:19:58 AM »

Enjoy the chocs Sarah.. ❤️❤️🍫
This rollercoaster is well and truly screwed!! Do you know any good mechanics who can fix the brakes??  ;D

Life is a roller coaster ( Ronan Keating) = new song?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 08:21:36 AM by Nas »

SarahT

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 06:05:59 PM »

Hi Nas... Sorry for radio silence had a switched off day today.

And sorry but life is hard enough with out me bringing Ronan Keating into the mix. Haha. Mind you.... If Ronan is handy with mechanical things we can get him to sort our runaway rollercoaster out!! 

And Tori, my thanks to you too. Patience is sometimes lacking for mall of us. We can take so much and then get pushed over the edge. Just get too full up with her another set back
But I think I have caught your slightly better day, and I so hope that has held for you. Whilst the pms is still Sending me crazy (er) I feel more resigned to it. Giving myself a quiet day, but tomorrow I am going to make a list of positive changes  that have happened, just a reminder that some things really have improved even if the erratic nature of peri still persists, so one good day followed by one had day, hopefully not as many of the truly awful days of course.

Ladies, couldn't do this with out you. Glad we have each other to empathise and try to advise and pull each other out of the bad times.
Hugs to you xxx

And thanks for the virtual chocolate too... I imagined it to be a mega size Crunchie. 😍