Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Thinking of stopping it all!  (Read 531 times)

Alli8

• First Flush
Thinking of stopping it all!
« on: May 14, 2023, 09:26:22 AM »

Hi Ladies,
I have been on the mini pill since 2016 after previously being on the combined pill most of my adult life. I don't have periods. I am 51.
When the flushes and sweats started last year, my doctor did a FSH test which he said was 59 and confirmed I was menopausal. He prescribed Evorel Conti in July last year. Initially, I felt great, all menopausal symptoms vanished but in the last few months I have gained 2 stone, have zero energy, my osteoarthritis has flared up and I have body aches. My boobs hurt occasionally, a bit like when I had a cycle (albeit combined pill induced) I feel pretty low and having suffered with depression in the past I know I am dangerously close to slipping back.
The main thing that's niggling me is the Evorel leaflet says it's for those that haven't had a period for 18 months. Now that's technically true but only because I am on the mini pill (Cerelle). A blood test from Dec 2020 shows my FSH as 5.3 which appears normal so I feel I couldn't have NOT had a natural period for 18 months. The last time I even had a natural period would be after my son was born in 2005 so I have no non-chemical induced reference to go from.

I am considering stopping everything to establish a baseline and then start again. Is this sensible or foolish?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 09:28:40 AM by Alli8 »

Nas

Re: Thinking of stopping it all!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 09:42:09 AM »

The minute you  start messing about with hormones, you are entering dangerous territory in my experience.

My opinion is ( and it is just an opinion) is to stop everything to establish a baseline. It may be tough though, that’s the risk you take.

I’m on HRT and in a pickle with it all. Somehow I need to stop and review ( easier said than done ) .

It might be that you need more oestrogen, if you are symptomatic?   

Take it steady.. the body is delicate and complex xx

Law

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 06:28:24 PM »

Hi.
I’m also on the pill & on Evorel Sequi patches. I haven’t had a proper period for a long time.
After 2 months of being on the patches I stopped using them being I felt awful. But I felt worse not being on hrt so I’ve started using them again & I do feel better. I still have a few symptoms but I’m hoping after being on the patches for a bit longer I’ll start to feel better.
How long have you being on the patches for? Have you spoken to your doctor about stopping it all?

Alli8

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 07:41:23 AM »

So I queued in the rain outside my surgery this morning and finally managed to get an appointment with a different doctor today. Fingers crossed she may be able to sort me out but I am not holding my breath!