Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen only HRT  (Read 457 times)

Stargazer

Oestrogen only HRT
« on: May 14, 2023, 02:28:10 PM »

Following a hysterectomy I have oestrogen only HRT.  On this site it says there is a small risk of breast cancer after years on HRT with oestrogen only HRT.  Dr Louise Newson says that there is no risk on oestrogen only HRT in fact women on oestrogen have less of a risk that women who do not take HRT at all.  Leaflets in drug packets suggest a link too which is it?

Dotty

Donna-paul

Re: Oestrogen only HRT
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 02:57:39 PM »

I’ve just had a hysterectomy and I asked my Gp about cancer risks. I had to have hysterectomy because of abnormal cells and I had to have some breast lumps checked which was all clear. My consultant and Gp said it’s ok to go back on just oestrogen and she showed me a chart that you have a lower risk of breast cancer on oestrogen only. She said in time all women will be on hrt like people on diabetes drugs

Stargazer

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 03:18:02 PM »

So why do does this site say there is a small increased risk and so many other sites ?

Donna-paul

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 06:00:10 PM »

There is a small risks they both said that but you have to way up the quality of a persons life only you can decide.

Stargazer

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 06:36:05 PM »

Donna-Pa.ul the diagram shows that in fact not only is there no risk but it in fact reduces your risk and this is exactly what Dr Louise Newson has been saying but nearly everywhere else I look it just says the risk is lower than with taking the combined hormones. Confusing....