Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Other HRT types / regimes ?  (Read 763 times)

Crow Lady

Other HRT types / regimes ?
« on: May 14, 2023, 05:08:42 PM »

Just wondering if there's any other types of hrt to try as menopause symptoms are coming back.
51, no periods for a couple of years. Menopausal for quite a few years, started hrt 1 year ago.
-Oestrogel makes me feel really ill.
Estraderm 100 patches/ utrogestan tablets help loads but cause regular heavy periods. (This has been checked out. )75s patches mean not quite as much bleeding. 50s patches mean no bleeding but i feel lousy and Menopause symptoms coming back. I have my hrt review coming up, I'm not sure what else, if anything, there is to try.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Other HRT types / regimes ?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 05:50:34 PM »

MayB add a 75 patch to the 50 occasionally in the week?  It may even out the amount of replacement that your body is receiving.  If that works, it will be something to discuss at your appt..

Crow Lady

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 05:55:51 PM »

MayB add a 75 patch to the 50 occasionally in the week?  It may even out the amount of replacement that your body is receiving.  If that works, it will be something to discuss at your appt..
For the last few weeks I've been alternating between 50s and 75s, not bleeding but symptoms coming back, and I feel crap x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 07:33:59 PM »

You should feel better with a consistent dose, if one patch strength is too much you can cut a piece off it (same size each time). It's better to be on the dose of oestrogen to control symptoms and sort out the bleeding if you can. Have you considered a mirena as that is usually the most effective for problem bleeding? When you were bleed free was that without being on any hormones?

Nas

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 07:36:14 PM »

Have you thought of having a mirena fitted? That would solve your bleeding issues most likely.

I’m in a similar boat. Feel crap on all the patch doses. 50/75/100 all the same. Gel makes me nauseous. Tablets don’t work.

God alone knows!!

Crow Lady

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 07:44:45 PM »

You should feel better with a consistent dose, if one patch strength is too much you can cut a piece off it (same size each time). It's better to be on the dose of oestrogen to control symptoms and sort out the bleeding if you can. Have you considered a mirena as that is usually the most effective for problem bleeding? When you were bleed free was that without being on any hormones?
yes my periods had been stopped a couple of years or more. I thought the mirena was for when you still had periods?

Crow Lady

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 07:50:37 PM »

Have you thought of having a mirena fitted? That would solve your bleeding issues most likely.

I’m in a similar boat. Feel crap on all the patch doses. 50/75/100 all the same. Gel makes me nauseous. Tablets don’t work.
God alone knows!!

I was ill on the gel, felt sick and heavy, exhausted. I was ill within 2 days of starting it, better within 1 day of stopping it. I was exactly the same with testosterone gel.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 11:04:48 PM »

Younger women can use a mirena for contraception but it's also used for hrt and seems to be better than anything else for controlling problem bleeding. Increasing utrogeston to 200mg daily is a known strategy too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 08:02:13 AM »

:thankyou:  Ladies