Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Utrogestan depression????  (Read 4975 times)

SarahT

Re: Utrogestan depression????
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 06:41:23 AM »

Hi Sweetie,

I feel so much for you, the contstant trials to get a regime that works. We know all medication can have side affects, but some of what the hrt adds is too much and you are having some awful reactions as you search for the best combinations. It can be hard to struggle on to the recommended trial period when changing our doses.

I did not get on with utrogestan, and had the mirena coil fitted which works best for me. But I think you have the contraceptive implant that releases progesterone??  But don't know if it is feasible to sell these two? I hope someone with more knowledge can help you, so in turn you can tell the Dr your needs..But mad that isn't it.

Thinking of you xx

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2023, 07:30:15 AM »

Hi Losingtheplot,

I read your post with interest and I would like to share my experience of utrogestan in case it helps.

I was initially taking utrogestan vaginally at night before bed, however I was still struggling with side effects, chronic anxiety and strangely enough it did not sedate it affected my sleep. I started taking it orally at night, but was still having the same issues.

I have  started using the utrogestan vaginally in the mornings, I insert it and then I rest for about 1 hour to make sure it's absorbed etc. I have found since doing this, my chronic anxiety is so much better.

I don't know if this helps or not xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2023, 07:51:28 AM »

Hi Losingtheplot,

I read your post with interest and I would like to share my experience of utrogestan in case it helps.

I was initially taking utrogestan vaginally at night before bed, however I was still struggling with side effects, chronic anxiety and strangely enough it did not sedate it affected my sleep. I started taking it orally at night, but was still having the same issues.

I have  started using the utrogestan vaginally in the mornings, I insert it and then I rest for about 1 hour to make sure it's absorbed etc. I have found since doing this, my chronic anxiety is so much better.

I don't know if this helps or not xxx

Hi discogirl
Ahh thats very interesting so do you insert the tablets that you took orally? I would defo give this a try? Sorry to be graphic but how do you insert them do you use an applicator like what you get with ovestin and insert high up?

Losingtheplot

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2023, 08:00:46 AM »

Hi Sweetie,

I feel so much for you, the contstant trials to get a regime that works. We know all medication can have side affects, but some of what the hrt adds is too much and you are having some awful reactions as you search for the best combinations. It can be hard to struggle on to the recommended trial period when changing our doses.

I did not get on with utrogestan, and had the mirena coil fitted which works best for me. But I think you have the contraceptive implant that releases progesterone??  But don't know if it is feasible to sell these two? I hope someone with more knowledge can help you, so in turn you can tell the Dr your needs..But mad that isn't it.

Thinking of you xx

Hey hunni
Yes its just a bloody nightmare. I really feel like coming off HRT. The sandrena gel seems to be helping though its the progesterone I need tweaking. It seems there isnt enough evidence to suggest whether the contraceptive implant provides sufficent progesterone for the womb lining. I am tempted to get the implant out and get the mini pill as Flossie suggested to see what is happening with my body. I could be post meno now as my pelvic scan showed ovaries shrunk and shrivelled. So if that was the case I would need diff HRT yet again. Just can't decide what to do.

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2023, 08:10:09 AM »

hi losingtheplot

yes you insert the same capsule that you use orally for vaginal use. I dont use an applicator i just insert it as high as i can. Although you could use an applicator.

I do rest for about an hour after ive inserted it although i appreciate if you work this may not be possible.

the side effects i have found using it vaginally are much less. i have always had mental health issues amd taking the utro orally gives me chronic anxiety. vaginal use my anxiety is minimal.

taking it vaginally at night was affecting my sleep but morning vaginal use for me seems to work.

i will obviously update if anything changes. this what works for me however we are all different.

take care xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2023, 09:14:14 AM »

hi losingtheplot

yes you insert the same capsule that you use orally for vaginal use. I dont use an applicator i just insert it as high as i can. Although you could use an applicator.

I do rest for about an hour after ive inserted it although i appreciate if you work this may not be possible.

the side effects i have found using it vaginally are much less. i have always had mental health issues amd taking the utro orally gives me chronic anxiety. vaginal use my anxiety is minimal.

taking it vaginally at night was affecting my sleep but morning vaginal use for me seems to work.

i will obviously update if anything changes. this what works for me however we are all different.

take care xxx

Ahh thats certainly something I will try! I use ovestin on a night time so think it may get too messy if I use vaginally on a night with Utrogestan too not sure if one might react with the other. I do appreciate you sharing this with me though hunni.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2023, 09:23:18 AM »

I can't help, I wish I could, but I wanted to say you are not alone. I'm another one who cannot bear the progesterone part of HRT, I was happy on tibolone, but I still had periods on it, so I'm not allowed it now  :'(
I'm on Evorel50 because I reacted very badly to Evorel Conti, suicidal thoughts, bad mood about everything, zero interest in sex. Ought to be called the divorce patch. It took away the sweats, but wasn't worth it overall.
Now I'm trialling provera for 4 months  :'( :'( :'( :'(
That's a crying face for every one of those months, I've done one month, twelve days of provera 10 mg, same reaction, first few days ok, then it builds up to levels where you feel you are wading through it and nothing else is as big in life as trying to cope with those awful side effects.
First month I took four days off sick, would have been more if the weekend hadn't come along, I could barely move from the sofa to get to the loo, I was better the day after not taking it any more, gradually improving until a week later I felt normal again.
Now I'm facing the prospect of having to take it again from tomorrow, I'm doing it differently. I bleed anyway, whether the progesterone part is taken or not, so I'm halving my dose to 5mg provera and adding in 1.25mg of tibolone, I have 58 of those left over.
It's my body after all and I know 10mg of provera is not good for me, I was ill both physically and mentally, only during the provera part of last month.

Let me explain my logic.

Tibolone provides the body with easy ingredients to convert to hormones that even old bodies like ours can cope with, lol. The literature says when tibolone is taken no extra progesterone is required, but the dose then was 2.5mg. So I will trial this half dose of both and see if that is manageable because tibolone actually gives your mood a lift, it's so unlike other progesterones.

I had to wait 8 months for the menopause clinic appointment to give me HRT after Evorel Conti, because my GP seemed to think I was making it up about feeling suicidal when I told her I wanted to jump off a bridge. I was already crying in a panic when she phoned that afternoon, the GP system is that you try for a call at 8.30am then if you are lucky a doctor phones you any time during the next nine hours or sometimes at 6pm you'll get a text saying sorry, the doctor can't phone after all, try again tomorrow. Say the word menopause and you're almost guaranteed to be the non urgent one at the bottom of the list that never gets a call.

Anyway, I'd been ok making the appointment, but was in the middle of a progesterone induced meltdown when she phoned. She wasn't impressed, I wasn't my usual self and it was held against me. She kept saying it wasn't possible for me to have a bad reaction to Evorel Conti because it's bioidentical, but of course we know that it's only the non problematic oestrogen part that is bioidentical, seems my GP only looked at the banner, not the whole advert, but she wasn't taking my word for it, we were close to having an argument about it.
The menopause clinic wrote to her and included very specifically that the progesterone part of Evorel Conti very often produces these side effects, :) next time we spoke was 10 months later so it was all forgotten anyway.

It is a roller coaster and it's quite obvious that instead of paying for adequate controlled testing of these medicines, it's assumed women won't make a fuss or need paid like men would if they were used as guinea pigs. We are the guinea pigs for these medicines they seem to know so little about any of it.

Ahh bless you hunni xxxx big massive hugs. I know the mental side so much its just exhausting and v v scary.
I was fine on evorel 50 sequi but conti I couldnt tolerate bloating, severe headache, extreme tiredness.
Im so fed up. My intense chest burning has stopped and achy joints although that could be supplement related. As my anxiety has been so bad I'm now back on Ads. The Propananol I take on a as and need basis isnt helping. Ive taken 2 x10mg at 6am for palpatations and my heart is beating out my chest again for past hour!!!
I may ask GP for diff  anti anxiety meds as I can't function like this. Ive been off work for a week and seeing GP on wed for a sicknote. I am not functioning and really ready to give up on HRT and just take supplements and Ads, anti anxiety meds

discogirl

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2023, 09:55:55 AM »

hi losingtheplot

could you maybe trial using the utro vaginally in the mornings see how you get on xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2023, 11:03:14 AM »

hi losingtheplot

could you maybe trial using the utro vaginally in the mornings see how you get on xx

Hi Discogirl
Yes thats my plan depending on how long I am off work I may be able to trial it. My hubby wakes at 4.30 for work every morning so I would wake then to insert and when I do work I leave home at 6.15 so that gives plenty of time for the capsules to absorb. It's worth a try as Im now in 2nd month of the HRT so atleast I can say I've tried it both ways fingers crossed it suits me better thanks again hunni xxx

discogirl

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2023, 03:22:49 PM »

I really hope it works for you xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 03:35:29 PM »

Thanks me too. I have quite bad VA high up too which is settling but still sore and burning so have to see if I can tolerate the capsules. Still 12 days till I use utrogestan again so things might of settled by then. If no joy have to consider mirena potentially after getting implant out first. I do think that I may be post meno though and only way of finding that out is to be on no hormone related contraceptive or HRT I guess x
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 03:37:39 PM by Losingtheplot »

discogirl

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 03:47:31 PM »

Hi Losingtheplot

VA is awful.

At least you have a plan going forward with the coil and stuff.

If this helps, Besins Healthcare gives the following information regarding the absorption of utrogestan vaginally:-

"Utrogestan is normally absorbed within minutes of insertion, however, it is advised that you wait 15 minutes before showering and 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse or swimming"

and it also gives this information regarding insertion of the capsule vaginally:-

"Place the Utrogestan capsule on the tip of your finger and insert as far as possible into your vagina. You do not need to lie flat following insertion of Utrogestan"

The information Besins gave is for women undergoing fertility treatment, but I should imagine the absorption and insertion would be the same for women using it for hrt purposes as well.

Just in case it helps xxx
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 03:54:08 PM by discogirl »

Losingtheplot

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2023, 06:14:23 PM »

Hi Losingtheplot

VA is awful.

At least you have a plan going forward with the coil and stuff.

If this helps, Besins Healthcare gives the following information regarding the absorption of utrogestan vaginally:-

"Utrogestan is normally absorbed within minutes of insertion, however, it is advised that you wait 15 minutes before showering and 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse or swimming"

and it also gives this information regarding insertion of the capsule vaginally:-

"Place the Utrogestan capsule on the tip of your finger and insert as far as possible into your vagina. You do not need to lie flat following insertion of Utrogestan"

The information Besins gave is for women undergoing fertility treatment, but I should imagine the absorption and insertion would be the same for women using it for hrt purposes as well.

Just in case it helps xxx

It sure is never realised what it was until I joined this forum!

Ahh hunni how very kind of you thank you so much. This is so helpful and I will defo give this way a try.

Your a proper gem discogirl xxxxx

discogirl

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2023, 06:31:00 PM »

Anything to help. this is a place where we are definately in it together.

take care and keep in touch xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2023, 06:39:57 PM »

Hi Sweetie,

Thinking of you xx

Hope your ok hunni? Xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4