Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What does my body need????  (Read 2705 times)

primrose3

Re: What does my body need????
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2023, 10:28:34 AM »

Morning Nas,

Just a thought if you were to take the plunge and decide to stop the hrt for now i think it would be good to taper off slowly.
Our bodies need time to adjust and i think it is the fluctuations in hormones that causes all the upset and instability.
I was told to take 3 months, reducing the dose slightly every week, keep on the progesterone until the patch is off completely.
i kept a diary of all the changes, it does improve.
Once you're back to how your body is without extra hormones then it may be clearer to assess if you want to continue afresh,
 but I do think it has to be done slowly, meantime as I said before try to incorporate some yoga, or other exercise into your day to support the change.
For me i am now glad to be off it, more in control i suppose less body aware of all the changes occurring which is exhausting and adds to anxiety hugely.
It hasn't been a breeze though! and still isn't but it is slowly but surely going in the right direction and I am beginning to accept the changes of ageing, helping those that can be helped with local vagifem, optibac, and other wonderful suggestions i have found on here along with the sense of solidarity you get from others, as someone said on here being a member of a club no one wants to be a member of!!
I am beginning to feel a little confidence back in negotiating the world. At your age i had to go down to part time work in order to try and balance things more, working full time in a stressful job is exhausting when you're trying to navigate all the hormonal changes i didn't know if i was coming or going, is that an option for you in the short term? hope so.
all the best for now. x

Nas

Re: What does my body need????
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2023, 07:38:29 PM »

Many thanks for your kind and insightful words primrose.

I can’t just come off the patches as I previously thought. My body absolutely goes into shock. So, I’ve got my 75 patch on and will stick with that for a month at least. Then 50 and so on. I’ve got a mirena so that will have to stay put for now too.

I’m taking menopace too, along side the HRT.

Part time work isn’t an option unfortunately but a different job might be the way forward.

Somehow I’ve got to get this under control, with or without hrt. 

It is indeed the club no one wants to be part of!

Bloody hormones. I’m post meno so why for the love of god, am I suffering so much??

Thanks again xx
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 09:25:50 PM by Nas »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]