Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help!!! Sweats are back with a vengeance  (Read 1005 times)

lisa06031510

Help!!! Sweats are back with a vengeance
« on: May 08, 2023, 04:46:58 PM »

Hi All,

So I have had the sweats come back the last few months after having them under control, but the last couple of weeks they have been unbearable and I've sweated through my clothes and bed sheets at nights.... Also I really smell as well... I know that's normal.

Any tips to control these fuckers would be great please

Thank you

Lisa

Losingtheplot

Re: Help!!! Sweats are back with a vengeance
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 09:17:40 AM »

Hey hunni

Ahh no what nightmare! Ive had hot flushes and intense heat internal on my chest upwards but not suffered many flushes that have left me soaked in sweat. How awful. I do get the smell you mention when I do get sweaty flushes. I haven't tried this myself but other ladies have recommend black cohosh or red clover that can help with hot flushes. Think they take a while to get into your system but have helped some people.

Also someone has recommended mitchum deodorant that helps with the smell again I haven't tried it myself yetx
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:20:39 AM by Losingtheplot »

lisa06031510

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 02:25:15 PM »

Awww thank you for your advice.. I'm willing to try anything at the mo. Hoping it's just a phase and they settle down soon

Xz

purplebee

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 07:20:46 PM »

The only thing that helped me was HRT.. stopped them in their tracks!

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 07:23:27 PM »

As above, they're a symptom of oestrogen deficiency so hrt should cure them (or a higher dose if you already use it).

lisa06031510

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 05:20:58 AM »

I'm on 125mg of HRT and they did go away but now back with a vengeance and itchy skin again ,😭

purplebee

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 08:27:39 AM »

@poppytoast.. I've just stopped HRT after many years to see if I'm still in meno and the night sweats have returned.. I've heard of Black Cohosh, are there any side effects? When you say you were badly affected by progesterone, can I ask what happened, how did it affect you?

lisa06031510

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 09:42:57 AM »

I'm on my way to Holland and Barrett now and also contacted my Dr... I mean I know we all have to go through it but I'm just so annoyed I thought after 3 and half years I got it under control but symptoms are starting to return and in am full on sulking!!!

lisa06031510

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 10:58:07 AM »

Yeah I'm on 125mg ... I have the patches... I've been on this dose since June last year... I have an appointment with the Dr this week so hopefully they will be able to help. Its just a struggle to talk to them as I always seem to get it's all to be expected at your age.... I just don't like changing my dose as always suffer with awful side effects...