Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cyclical exhaustion?  (Read 1150 times)

Katherine

Re: Cyclical exhaustion?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 06:32:32 PM »

I agree Sarah there's only so much that tweaking your diet can achieve, and hormones will have a major effect no matter what, as does sleep quality. For some reason I only need a bit of meat in my diet but that bit seems to be crucial. I would definitely try these new animal-free meats that are being developed as I hate having to eat real meat. I find Linda McCartney burgers to be good too. I'm the same with canned tomatoes Sarah and alcohol, I seem to be heavily reliant on my gaviscon too these days.

SarahT

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2023, 06:50:52 PM »

Hi Katherine,

Yes some of the 'meat free' products are very useful. I tend to use them sparingly, as they are processed food really, but added to healthy ingredients they can work very well. The mince alternative is so versatile.

But all of us know what foods\drinks really have a negative effect and most of the stuff I have had to give up or reduce are hardly crucial elements to anyone's diet. Tomatoes is the biggest one to cut down on...

Have you had yourself checked? If you are getting very reliant on Gaviscon is there a problem that may be looked at? Like others on here, with a diagnosed hiatus hernia, omprezole (not sure of spelling!)  Should stop acid reflux along with avoiding trigger foods.

Small adjustments whether food wise or lifestyle changes can all add up to help us cope better.

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2023, 07:27:22 PM »

Hi Sarah, I meant that meat that is real meat but grown from stem cells or something like that. I agree too much processed food isn’t good, saps energy but ok as a kind of treat. I’m not sure I have acid reflux, if I do it’s the silent one, it’s one possible explanation for my asthma during the night. I’ve only had it since being on HRT. I don’t even know if the gaviscon is working or if the asthma is caused by other factors. It’s a continuing mystery. I don’t get any reflux symptoms as such. Hopefully I’ll work out what’s causing the asthma.
Pages: 1 [2]