Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oophorectomy & coil R Hysterectomy- on GNRH  (Read 555 times)

EMKAT

• First Flush
Oophorectomy & coil R Hysterectomy- on GNRH
« on: May 09, 2023, 09:23:29 PM »

Hi. I'm new & have finally got access today. I'm feeling very overwhelmed & reading all the info is leaving me with more questions. Since Sept 19 had horrendous migraines with aura/vertigo/motion sickness. Hearing test said inner ear problems but with covid had long delays waiting for ENT & then it was tel appts & being told it was Meneires & kept tryinf differentanti sickness medications. Then had a videonystagmography & they said inner ear only working 42% but still  no resolve. 1 consultant said you just have to live with it!. Asked 2nd opinion & I said i think its related to my hormones. Then had to wait for Gynaecology but due to moving area had to start process again. In between this new Dr started me on HRT Everol 50 conti, 1st 2 wks fantastic!. Then couldn't tolerate Progesterone- migraines/motion sickness back but then every day was bad again. Went on Evorel 25 & Utrogrestron tablets - full on migraines/vertigo/sickness back & that's only some of the symptoms I'd been having for a while- horrendous tinnitus, itcy patches, headaches , tingling in right side of face & I won't even get started on non existent libido & how uncomfortable that is having tried all sorts of lubricants. Another GP said stop HRT right away. Thankfully Gyni Consultant appt came through shortly after & finally felt like someone understood what last few yrs been like. Was put on GnRH injections to temporary put my ovaries to sleep & yippee it eventually settled the migraines & vertigo/sickness, still daily headaches but don't think working on computers helps with that, but the injection has left me with never ending hot flushes day & night & although I've got fibromyalgia & a frozen shoulder the intensity of the aching in that elbow is relentless since the injections, especially at night & my sleep pattern is awful. Gyni now said over Laparoscopic Oophorectomy & then she rang me back after reviewing notes again & said over the Mirena coil could be tried but otherwise I could also have Hysterectomy to remove the uterus. The fact the injection has given me a glimmer of hope that their is light at the end of the tunnel on migraines & vertigo I said to go ahead with Oophorectomy & Hysterectomy. I've since then reading this forum & all info on it & I don't know now if I should give the coil a go first & the Oophorectomy or just go ahead & have everything taken out at once. Concerned from reading that its not got rid of others with migraines, risk of a prolapse & I already always need the loo! & in my niavity hadn't realised that it meant going back on HRT which with the hysterectomy part would be Estrogen only. Its giving me a headache knowing what's best to do & not really having anyone to fully talk to who understands. I don't really want 2 ops if I had the Oophorectomy & coil & I still wasn't right & then have to go through an hysterectomy. On the other hand my frozen shoulder is the thawing recovery stage & I've recently started doing light resistance work on it. I'm wary of consequences re a prolapse!. I'm 49, married & no children so losing my womanly parts doesn't bother me. I'd started to feel a bit more normal since the injections but they have a risk with the impact on the bones so I don't really want any more & as mentioned has its own side effects. I just want to work out what's best to move forward with my life & feel 'like a normal person'  I dont expect a miracle cure but its been really tough last few years & I don't know how but have managed to keep in employment with great physical difficulty but my managers been great. Has anyone experienced what I'm going through & the dilemmas I'm faced with.  Sorry its sooo long. Will work out how to submit & then I'm off to try & get some sleep as I've got a pre-op appt tomorrow & really need to work out what to go ahead with so I appreciate any help, anybadvise, any shared experiences etc but I won't be able to read back on everything until tomorrow evening. Thank you for reading & hopefully understanding. :)

HellsBells

Re: Oophorectomy & coil R Hysterectomy- on GNRH
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 10:55:16 AM »

What a lot to deal with! Can I just ask - are you pre menopausal? And is the surgery being recommended due to a condition other than the vertigo/headaches? And sorry one more Q - why were you prescribed HRT if your ovaries are working? The recommendations seem drastic but of course there may be more to it.

EMKAT

• First Flush
Re: Oophorectomy & coil R Hysterectomy- on GNRH
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 03:26:33 PM »

Hi. Thanx. Yes I'm in peri menopausal, but my pattern had become irregular. Could have 2 periods in 1 month & then nothing for 6 wks. I went on HRT to see if it would settle the long list of perimenopause symptoms & the migraines/vertigo/sickness was having massive impact in everyday life & my work. The surgery has been recommended due to the severity of the migraines/motion sickness & vertigo each & everyday. I understand when you say it seems drastic & I feel the same, its a massive operation to have, their is no other reason or anything else underlying as to why the op. I've never wanted children & won't change my mind now at 49 & the op is the solution offered. Oddly enough I only started having migraines when I started my periods at 15. I suppose no one knows how long it could take to get through menopause & it was Sept 19 when suddenly I got all the sickness & vertigo side starting & worst migraines I've ever had & its taken till Nov 22 before I've seen gynaecologist. I had 1 period after the Leuprorelin injection & again I felt like a flick had switched on the sickness & then a bad migraines & a bleed started, once my system had got through that I started feeling better but the hot flushes started then. I then had a further wk of spotting-symptoms came back but not as severe & since then have eased. Still got odd dizzy/sickness moments for a few seconds & do have headaches daily but it's made a massive difference.