Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: First HRT review next week what can I expect?  (Read 600 times)

Klt

First HRT review next week what can I expect?
« on: May 04, 2023, 06:37:17 PM »

I’ve been on Elleste Duet 1mg since Sept and will have my review soon

I’ve had enough positives from being on it to know that I’ve no intention of coming off HRT
Never feel hot anymore
Breast soreness now minimal
Vaginal dryness improved loads
Improved IBS with constipation symptoms
Bladder less sensitive

But

Anxiety and low mood
still dreadful from around tablet day 10 to 24 particularly
Libido non existent
Joint pain in various places more on my left side than right also developed TMD this week which is fun
Thinning hair
Tinnitus

I’ve no idea if, based on the above, if I should be asking for a change of HRT

Those of you more experienced than me if you were in this position it would be great if you could tell me  what would you want and why so I can see the nurse at the GP and be more informed

I’m 49 and peri

Teresa

Re: First HRT review next week what can I expect?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 04:45:49 PM »

Hi Kit,
When I had my first review, a year or so ago, it was very much geared to how I felt and what I wanted. I found I had to do a bit of “leg work’ beforehand and get very clued up on types of HRT, because if you do want to change, if your GP is anything like mine, they won’t know what to suggest.
Was it your GP who originally put you on this tablet? I only ask, as mine did too and I wonder if it’s the standard HRT that they start everyone on. I also think cost might have something to do with it ( but I’m cynical 🤔)

I did change after three months on the Duet, but only because I felt quite bloated and it wasn’t helping me at all. I changed to a patch and Utrogestan and was better straight away.  I had to actually spell what I wanted, as my GP had never heard of it.
I know when I told my GP that my anxiety hadn’t improved, I was told that HRT can’t fix everything 🙄 so be prepared for that one! Ihink the fact that you feel dreadful for half a month, suggests that this might not be the best combination of HRT for you…

All the best to you with that review…
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 04:49:04 PM by Teresa »

Klt

Re: First HRT review next week what can I expect?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 12:40:39 PM »

Yes that’s what I’m worried about that the onus will be on me plus I’ve looked at my booking and it’s a male nurse the nurse are normally early 50’s women in my GP who are HRT trained

This TMD/J has stuck around and I just feel sick of my life right now I’ll have to do my homework on here and see if I can come up with another option